• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix workspace bugs

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right now.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update - this time to Premiere 2020 - and the problem hasn't been fixed. Making windows stay where you put them is not considered worth Adobe's time, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On PP CC 2020, build 14.04, my workspaces for dual screen were working fine - now suddenly they are a mess - all my saved formats are jumble and they all only open on one screen - even the built in presets like 'editing'. Very odd (and another productivity waster as you work out how to fix it or manually have to set it out each time you open up the programme).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using one monitor only and having issues with workspaces as well. Sometimes changes i have done are not remebered, such as Icon View or List View, Preview Area or not. Though i have saved the workspace resetting it won´t work and i must manually do all changes once again. It seems that the file management for the workspaces are the issue. If i save a workspace i expect one (1) file in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\14.0\Profile-Name\Layouts so i can just lock that file and make it read only. That corrupted everything.

Please fix this and make it solid. This is one of the basic features that just shall work, all the time, forever. Having issues for years is pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roger averhahl
I noticed literally just today that you can save bin view presets. This might help you, try it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really upset with Adobe. I've been using Premiere Pro for a while, and now it's almost unusable.
Been thru support several times, and nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they fixed this? It's driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to fix this is to create an empty startup project with a prefered sequence and layout setting.
Save in this project your workspace and other panel settings.
Protect this project in explorer with read only setting.
put a link to it on your desktop and use it whenever you like to start with a new project.
After that use save as to go on.

(I agree however that you should be able to create workspaces which are global!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding this a year later... same deal. The saved workspace generally works as intended. I'm using Production and often need to open other projects to access things like our common graphics and such. Often, the newly opened project panel will pop in to some random panel and throw everything off. Resetting to saved doesn't really help much. I end up having to manually move the project window to where I want it and then readjust all the panels it threw off. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still the bane of my editing existence. I cannot believe this still hasn't resolved itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate