• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ligatures and Hindi Digits are messed up in the latest update.

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the update of the new Text panel, I think there is some downside as well. The Ligatures and Hindi Digits feature now doesn't display my arabic number correctly when using certain arabic fonts, specifically LPQM Isep Misbah and KFGQPC Uthmanic. Said fonts have bracketed number format. And whenever I try to type numbers, it always shows them backwards, and it doesnt allow me to type 3-digit numbers.

Sequence 01.00_00_01_19.Still002.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot that shows the Essential Graphics Panel in edit mode. Do you have Right to Left set?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sharing the link to this post with Ali Jaber. He may add valuable input here.

So the font you mentioned KFGQPC مجمع الملك فهد لطباعة المصحف الشريف

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the font LPQM Isep Misbah, yes PPro types the numbers in reverse with that font. This font allows you to write the number 286 as a max (max number of verses in Quran), anything beyond that will be split. In your case, PPro reversed the number, so 183 was written as 381, to solve that write it in reverse: 381, and it will be displayed correctly.
I believe that the bug of reversing numbers is due to an error in font design as the bug is very specific to that font (the same for the other font I believe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, the font was designed to work with Print-related applications such as Adobe InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried, only for now use adobe 2021 

If you have a project in a newer version use this method to open it in an old version 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrWXZnYRpc

Votes

Translate

Translate