• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: There is no image in the preview section of the project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, today, while I was working on a project in Premiere Pro, the preview image suddenly disappeared. In Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, the video preview does not open in the part where the preview screen is located. When I press the space bar, the sound of the video starting is heard, but there is no image. I searched in many places, but I could not find a solution. I deleted it and reinstalled it, it didn't work, I cleared the media cache and it didn't work, I downgraded or upgraded the version and it didn't work either. I tried and many other things but I couldn't find a solution. I am sending the screen recording as an attachment. I would be very happy if you could help me. 

(my system properties
i7 13700h
gtx 4060
32 ddr5 ram
1tb ssd
The video I was working on was a very simple edit, so I don't think it was caused by a system freeze.)

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Yeah, looking for updates om the Intel drivers, I think got me covered. With some updates on drivers, it works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

I DID! Different solution btw..

They told me to open:
Device Manager > Display adapters > Intel UHD Graphics > right click and choose update driver > browse my computer for driver > Let Me Pick > Choose Microsoft Basic Display Adapter > Next.

After install, restart computer, and try Premiere! IT WORKS! SOLVED!

Thank you guys for help & suggestion! It means a lot for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

I called HP support and they remotely connected to my computer. They downloaded the HP Cloud Recovery from the Microsoft Store to update the BIOS to a new version. It was a 3-hour process. Previously, they had me enter the boot menu by pressing specific keys that they guided me through during the phone call. I had to use a USB drive for the entire process. I recommend backing up all your files before calling. I just downloaded Premiere again (2024 version) and now IT WORKS! The problem is solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 3 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Hi Ahmet, 
That is very odd.  What happens if you double click on the clip?
I know you said it happened suddenly, so this clip was working and now it isn't or is it any clip?  What changed between when it was working and not?  Did anything get updated even outside of Premiere?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Hi @ChrisDIN,

Can the team have more info? See, How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2024 Oct 24, 2024

updating status

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
36 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahmet, 
That is very odd.  What happens if you double click on the clip?
I know you said it happened suddenly, so this clip was working and now it isn't or is it any clip?  What changed between when it was working and not?  Did anything get updated even outside of Premiere?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the project in the attached screenshot suddenly disappeared, yes, I do not get any results when I double click, I thought the problem was in the project and opened another project, but I got the same result in that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 
I still need a bit more info to help:
What version or Premiere are you using?
 This specific clip was working and now it isn't or is ithappening to any clip? 
What changed between when it was working and not?  Did anything get updated even outside of Premiere?
You said the project suddenly disappeared - what do you mean by that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am currently using the latest version. I get the same error on any clip. I was able to watch previews in the video editing while it was working, but now I can't. No updates have been made. The project did not suddenly disappear, the project is intact, but I can't preview it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no video preview when I'm editing only balck secreen and sound. How can I fix it? I tried lots of thing but still its not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still its not working 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2024 Oct 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use the latest Premiere Pro 2024. My program monitor & source monitor only appear as blank / black screen, nothing happen to the screen when I played it.

Here's what happens: 

The problems,help.jpeg

But if I play the footage it works, the sound works fine too. I also tried to export it and it works completely fine.

It happen first time on my new laptop. It's HP Victus 16 with Intel Core i5-14450HX, RAM 16GB, Nvidia GeForce RTX4060.

I've tried anything past 2 days likes:

1. Create newly freshly project
  2. Change project setting > General > Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA), (OpenCL), Software only. I've tried all tree options.
  3. Delete media chace on preference
  4. Reset all on reset option when launch premiere 
  5. Uninstall & Install Premiere
  6. Uninstall & Install Nvidia driver
  7. Install Nvidia CUDA toolkit
  8. Change my Nvidia into global setting

... And nothing works

Any help / suggestions / fixes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[UPDATE] It happen to my After Effect & other video editing also. The video preview comes as black / blank screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Nvidia toolkit and Geforce Experience

Make sure you have the most current Nvidia studio driver installed (manually clean install)

Set card to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too. I have the same computer (HP Victus 16). Two days ago when I turn off my computer a Windows update got installed, after that this problem showed up. Also a "SynTPEnh.exe - Application Error" showed up. I've tried the same things that you did and I can't solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. But nothing happen, not works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jaz. Is your program monitor comes blank too? It happens after you update your windows? So before that, the premiere works fine? If yes, maybe I'll try to roll back my windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previews are not displayed in premiere pro. Audio is playing. Full screen mode also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated windows 11 and nothing happend, it doesnt work. Now I installed windows 10 and the problem continues. I dont know what to do... I cant use Premiere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem. I've got a HP Victus 16 as well. I've tried all the same solutions and nothing worked. I can view my full clip in perfect condition when i select 'Full Screen Video' on the top right of my Program Monitor. But the actual Program and Source monitors itself are glitched in exactly the same way as yours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i went home and loaded up the same project on my home PC and there it works perfectly fine. Which leads me to suggest that the problem is probably lying within the HP Victus 16 not communicating correctly with Premiere for some reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called HP support and they remotely connected to my computer. They downloaded the HP Cloud Recovery from the Microsoft Store to update the BIOS to a new version. It was a 3-hour process. Previously, they had me enter the boot menu by pressing specific keys that they guided me through during the phone call. I had to use a USB drive for the entire process. I recommend backing up all your files before calling. I just downloaded Premiere again (2024 version) and now IT WORKS! The problem is solved! I recommend calling so they can guide you step by step through everything that needs to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChrisDIN,

Can the team have more info? See, How do I write a bug report?

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 15, 2024 Oct 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another strange behavior I came across with in the new Premiere Pro 25.

The starting point: 

Снимок экрана 2024-10-15 212124.png

+ there are no third-party plugins installed

+ a new project is created with no sequence and no materials imported - it's empty.

After I hit the project name, if the workspace was set to learning, assembly or review, Premiere Pro starts immediately. But if any other workspace was selected, from the moment I hit the project link on the home screen, till the moment I actually see Premiere Pro tabs and windows some 5-8 seconds may pass, untill then there's just a black window.

Снимок экрана 2024-10-15 214659.png

I didn't have such behavior in version 24.6.1 or proir.

I tried turning off GPU accelerated UI - it didn't help. Meanwhile my Win11 task manager - the Performance tab shows no reaction from CPU\dGPU\iGPU while the interface is being loaded or used.

See the videos.

i7 14700K, RTX 4080 (Nvidia Studio driver 561.09), 64 Gb of RAM, m2 SSDs, Win11 23h2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem and it crashes my Google Chrome.
This problem didn't occur in 24.6.1

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i9 14900K 39 °C
Raptor Lake 10nm Technology
RAM
64,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B760 DS3H AC DDR4 (U3E1) 17 °C
Graphics
XV272U (2560x1440@144Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics 770 (Gigabyte)
4091MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 34 °C
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA ) 29 °C
931GB KINGSTON SNV2S1000G (SATA-2 (SSD))
119GB SDXC Card (USB )
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
wow~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, my collegue with an Intel KF tested it and he has no issues which drives me to the conclusion that Intel iGPU may be the culprit, that is its work in Pr 25, because Pr 24 started lighting fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I can view only in 'Full Screen Video'. Now, I still trying solution to fix this solution, have you found it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I tried it today.. Now it's over 6 hours, i get in touch with HP support and not solved.. Also I don't have a "SynTPEnh.exe - Application Error" showed up. But, still trying communicate..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID! Different solution btw..

They told me to open:
Device Manager > Display adapters > Intel UHD Graphics > right click and choose update driver > browse my computer for driver > Let Me Pick > Choose Microsoft Basic Display Adapter > Next.

After install, restart computer, and try Premiere! IT WORKS! SOLVED!

Thank you guys for help & suggestion! It means a lot for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate