Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Laggy and Unusable

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I recently got back into editing on Premiere Pro for YouTube videos. I have done 5 videos over the span of two weeks and editing was a breeze, until my most recent project. I recorded days prior and just imported everything today. When doing my typical edits my systems lags horrendously and there is no playback fluidity. Previsouly I was editing 1440p footage at Full playback quality with no chops while making live edits. It was great. I have tried almost EVERYTHING to fix it. Playback resolution, Proxies, clearing cache, etc. Stuff I didn't even have to mess with before. I am having the same experience with previous projects as well... I do not know what changed. It makes 1-2 hours of editing take almsot double the time. I have to render when I make even the slightest of changes. Any advice, I am frankly discouraged and frustrated spending the better half of 6 hours trying to troubleshoot and no luck. Hardware specs below. Also attaching the unedited files I am trying to edit for my gaming channel. Not sure if this matters but the game is M for mature for any sensitive audiences.

CPU: 9900k

GPU: 2080ti

RAM 32GB 3200Mhz

2TB & 500GB SSDs (2TB is for Adobe Application and 500GB is for Cache Files)

System is cooled sufficiently on a customer water loop.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Hey thomas,

Switch Render mode to "Software Only" in Project setting check if it is work let us know.

Thanks,

Suraj Shinde.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

I would expect your system to handle 2160p PtoRes 422 LT source in a Sequence with Video Previews set to Custom QuickTime ProRes 422 LT with little to no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect your system to handle 2160p PtoRes 422 LT source in a Sequence with Video Previews set to Custom QuickTime ProRes 422 LT with little to no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thomas,

Switch Render mode to "Software Only" in Project setting check if it is work let us know.

Thanks,

Suraj Shinde.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Warren, transcoding to ProRes 422LT and even regular ProRes 422 have drastically increased my productivity, better than it was before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suraj, thank you for the help, this also increased my productivity as well! Case closed 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Funny update and solved: Through process of elimination I discovered that it was my font style that I was using. I downloaded a font to use for my video and I am not sure what about it is causing the intense lag, but if I changed it to something else all of the issues disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate