• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Add Project to Production..." does not show added project without search or restarting

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - I have been having issues with the "Add Project To Production..." function where the project will get added, but it doesn't show up without using the search tool or closing and reopening the production. 
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.1.0 (Build 86)
  • Operating system - macOS Ventura 13.2 (22D49)
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • CPU - 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W

• GPU and Driver Version - AMD Radeon Pro W5700X 16 GB

• RAM - 160 GB 2933 MHz DDR4

• Hard Drive (and, if external, how the drive is connected: USB 3, Thunderbolt, etc.). - OWC Gemini connected via TB3 cable.

• Video format: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal) File generated by: CANON, EOS C70 (1.00) AVC Unconstrained
  • Workflow details: I had some projects from another production I wanted to bring into this one. I have a folder for imported projects on the root of my production. I right-click the folder, choose "Add Project to Production...", import the project, progress panel confirms a good copy, but the folder doesn't show the imported project. If I use the search tool at the top of the Production panel, it shows as a result (in the expected folder). If I close the Production a re-open it, it shows up no problem.
  • Steps to reproduce 
    1. open production
    2. add folder on root of production
    3. right-click folder
    4. choose "Add Project to Production..."
    5. navigate to project from another production that you want to import
    6. click ok 
  • Expected result - imported project should appear in the folder I right-clicked. Even if it were outside the folder that would be fine, but not great.
  • Actual result -  the project was imported but does not appear without a search or reopening of the production.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and ingest , Performance or Stability , Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:This also happens if I take a production out of the trash. Hoever, I noticed that this is a folder WITHIN a folder that causes this. Moving a project out of the trash onto the root of the production or a single folder in does not cause this issue. Only when I try to import or move a project to a folder within a folder does this happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SECOND UPDATE: moving a project from a folder within a folder to the trash causes a similar issue - the project seems to stay in the folder yet the macOS Finder shows that the project was indeed moved to the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I'm having similar issues with the Production panel not updating (but the Windows Explorer does) - we're on 23.1.0 at the moment.
Here are more details that I posted elsewhere:

----
The Productions panel doesn't ever update when I make a change - such as duplicating or renaming a project. The change happens in the Windows explorer but isn't reflected in the Productions panel. If another user within the production makes a change however it does get reflected immediately. I think I've narrowed this down to only happening when I'm using a Production within the Onedrive folder on my PC (which is how we keep our Production synched across PCs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you storing your Production folder? What kind of storage or syncing service is it living in?

I ask because the Production panel uses something called file system notifications in order to keep up with changes in the production. Basically Premiere says "Hey Windows (or macOS) will you let me know if anything changes in here?"

If you're not seeing the Production panel update, it means Premiere Pro is not getting those notifications. It may be because wherever you are storying your Production folder doesn't support those notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call. Mine are in the Creative Cloud Files folder which I have on an external drive. I feel like this is a relatively *new* issue compared to how long I have used this file structure but good to know there's a reason behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mattchristensen Is there a way to get Windows to send these notifications? I keep my Productions on my OneDrive for cloud backup safety but apparently it's one of these cases. Is there any way to force either Premiere or Windows to rescan the folder to find the newly created projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate