• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinking Clips After Changing Filepath Moves Clip to Start of the Clip, not the Edit Point

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cutting a video consisting of many clips from interviews. Cutdown sequences copied to create more cutdown sequences. A lot of work. 

Put together a rough and exported it. All is fine at this point. Then, while doing some housecleaning, I changed the name of the project folder without thinking. Later, I went back to the project and realized I needed to relink all the footage. Did so with seemingly no problem.

Now, EVERY single clip in every sequence I created throughout the entire project starts at the beginning of the source video. The sequence shows all the edits as being right, but the material displayed isn't anywhere close.

Never seen this before. Please advise. Thank you!

Bug Fixed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Hi Bike Guy,

I read your message and I can understand what a nasty situation that can create. I have seen a number of cases around the same issue. I will move this discussion into the Bug Reports forum and will let the team now. I hope the devs can address this situation soon. For now, I have heard the workaround is to revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro. You may want to try that for now. I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Hello, 
This issue is fixed in Premiere Pro v23.5, which will be available the week of June 17. 

Regards,

Fergus

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction - Havoc after renaming project FOLDER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bike Guy,

I read your message and I can understand what a nasty situation that can create. I have seen a number of cases around the same issue. I will move this discussion into the Bug Reports forum and will let the team now. I hope the devs can address this situation soon. For now, I have heard the workaround is to revert to an earlier version of Premiere Pro. You may want to try that for now. I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to the previous version of Premiere solved the issue for me. Thank you for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  After renaming the project folder, every linked clip in the sequence started at the head of the source file.  I tried reverting back to earlier versions of Premiere without luck.  I reset my preferences as well. Nothing.  THEN, while in Premiere Pro 23.2, I renamed the project folder to its original name, relinked the files and everything seams to be normal.  I saved the project, updated PPro to 23.4 and the project opened cleanly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue at this point, they're working on a fix. There are a few workarounds you can try in the meantime, they're mentioned in the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 
This issue is fixed in Premiere Pro v23.5, which will be available the week of June 17. 

Regards,

Fergus

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate