• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two visual bugs still present in v24.4.1

Explorer ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I just wanted to swing by and mention two visual bugs that are currently impacting the latest version of Premiere, one of which has been an issue previously, was then resolved, and has since cropped back up in the last few versions - and another that seems to have made its way over from the beta.

The first is an issue with audio waveforms. Audio waveforms currently have an issue where depending on your zoom level, or edit points made on the track, they may render differently (and sometimes even incorrectly). This issue doesn't appear to happen all the time, but will sporadically pop up during an edit.
Sometimes it will behave like the first video I shared, where the waveform will just mangle itself and completely disappear, othertimes the waveform itself will visually seem fine but be completely wrong and changing the zoom level will reveal the actual waveform.
I've also attached a video that shows how sometimes they just won't render at all randomly until you either move along the timeline or change your zoom level.
This bug was originally present in some versions of v23 but was eventually patched either towards the end of that release cycle or early in v24 but has since popped back up since v24.3 at least.
It's really hard to replicate this issue on purpose as it tends to just happen at random.

EDIT: I have now also attached a clip showing how the waveform can LOOK like it's rendering correctly, until you change the zoom level and suddenly you realise it's wrong

The other issue seems to be a bug that has made its way over from the beta releases as I don't remember seeing it in v24.3 (but I may be misremembering) where panning horizontally along the timeline will cause the top of the playhead to desync from the actual playhead, almost as if the two sections are rendering at different times. I have attached a video showing this behaviour.
As you can see in my attached clip; this behaviour gets worse the heavier your timeline becomes. It's barely noticeable completely zoomed in, but zoom out on a bit heavier of a timeline when the UI starts to slow down (another issue in of itself but I digress) and the behaviour gets worse.

I'm on windows 11, v24.4.1, 5900x, 4070tis, running off an ssd, everything prores proxied, etc etc.
Thank you for your time.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Hello @Tom_edit,

I'm Kevin. One of the moderators here. I appreciate you taking the time to file this bug report. Nice work.

I read that the product team is aware of these issues and is taking action. Great! We can add more information after the team investigates. I hope that's OK. Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adolfo H.,

Are any of these issues related to the Audio Waveform Layering based on Track Height you mention in another thread? I assume no, but would be interested in your comments.

@Tom_edit,

Not my area, but great post.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I do not believe so. That was an issue for only a single beta release (and has already been patched)

I misread your reply and thought you were talking about a previous comment of mine, sorry. Hard to say what is the root cause as it's definitely outside of my expertise, but yeah, it's been a bug that has lingered around in the background for a while and keeps popping up every now and then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Stan Jones and @Tom_edit  , I sent this to one of Qe's to help invesitgate. We will keep you posted. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Tom_edit,

I'm Kevin. One of the moderators here. I appreciate you taking the time to file this bug report. Nice work.

I read that the product team is aware of these issues and is taking action. Great! We can add more information after the team investigates. I hope that's OK. Have a great weekend.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, thanks for this information.

However, it seems that this is a known issue (for more than a year?) that has not been communicated by Adobe in it's documentation.

Is there a reason for that?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates on this @adfadfd ? both are still present in 24.5.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that @Tom_edit. I have asked the product team to respond to your request for more information. I apologize for the delay.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is still happening in premiere v25.1.0.14...

Votes

Translate

Translate