• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VST plugins won't work on 24.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updadated Premiere Pro to the latest version and realized VST plugins are not working.

I am using Waves VST plugins for the audio of my productions, mixing and mastering. I had that issue before, I was adding the plugins but when I export my project audio was not like mixed and plugins didnt change the audio. Even I add plugins to mix the audio, it was the raw audio I was hearing.

I searched for a solution and found that using Audition and export the audio from Audition to Premiere solves this for a bit.

After the latest update, Audition exports are not effecting the audio as well. I finish my edit, send the audio to Audition and export the audio to Premiere but non of the effects are applied on the export. It is as if I made no changes eventhough I make a lot mixing and clearing the audio.

Will we wait for an update but shall I lose my hope and use a DAW (apperently Audition is useless in this case) for my mixing and mastering?

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Effects , Export , Performance or Stability , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Hello @mozadak and @davef43726944,

Is the issue solved in the current version of Premiere Pro? I hope so. Let the dev team know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why people expect "Adobe" to update 3rd party plugins. I've got several myself, and have always needed to check both compatibility and potential updates no matter which of the several video post apps I run.

By checking with the vendor for that plugin, of course. In my case Maxon/Red Giant, Autokroma, and what ... 3-4 others.

So ... have you checked with the vendor/creator for those plugins? That's where you need to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waves is reputable brand for studio quality audio plugins. Premiere still finds them and they are usable in the menu. You add them and make your mix. There is no problem until here.

Couple years ago a problem occured and eventhough you use them on your edit, results dont reflect to the exported file. I make lot of changes on audio during my Premiere editing session, but none of those effects are applied on export.

Someone on internet suggested to send the whole audio edit to Audition and export to Premiere again. This was my solution for couple years. But with this latest update, also Audition started not applying those effects on export.

It is all raw audio.

If this is what you mean by "checking the vendor", here is a blog post proves that Waves plugins work on Premiere and Audition:

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-adobe-audition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I think you got it TOTALLY wrong. By update I mean Premiere Pro's update.

Plugins didn't get any update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I said update, I was specifically referring to a Premiere update.

As when any app goes through a major version update, whether Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, whatever ... some plugins will work, without needing an update.

But many will not work without an update to the plugin from the vendor. That's been normal for years, and has to be. NO app maker is responsible for the performance of third party plugins past providing the appropriate API/calls for them to use. And notifying them of upcoming changes so they can redo their plugins as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen I appreciate all the help you give on this forum, but c'mon. You are even part of a thread on here in regards to Waves plugins not working on AME export in 22.4 and someone from Adobe confirmed the bug. Instead of trying to instill good, albiet sometimes uneccessary advice about upgrading, how about point them to some information that would actually help them? VST/AU plugins don't break nearly as often as 3rd party video effects plugs from Maxon/Red Giant. 

@mozadak Hopefully this helps. It did for me.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/audio-track-effects-not-working-in-pp2024-v24-worki...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's a couple things that have been off with some audio things this version. Always are, I suppose sadly.

But VST plugins are still plugins ... not normally native to the app, that is. And anything not native is even more likely to have issues, over my years of experience in such things, than the native things.

I liked Matt's explanation of "import sequences natively" in that other thread, btw. Although between the "dynamic link" process that Ae and Au use, and the "direct link" process that SpeedGrade used to use ... SpeedGrade's process was vastly more stable and effective. But ... it's gone. Ah well.

In terms of this discussion, Lumetri is more like a plugin, replacing an app ... and one of the wondrous things many plugins do is extend an app's capabilities. At times dramatically.

But ... you will always have a struggle between plugins and the app on major updates. I've not seen a major version update of any app yet that hasn't had some. I've been through those wars over and over.

And ... I do wish integration between Au and Pr was more ... obvious? ... as some of the ways they interact don't seem to work right unless you know the secret handshakes ... sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen OP isn't looking for your input on best practices or your history with broken plugins. He's looking for a solution to a problem which someone from Adobe has flagged as a bug in another thread. So let's just help the person out and point them in the right direction. 

And btw, I meant 24.0, not 22.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they seem to have found that discussion. Which is good, of course.

And especially for anyone having issues with interplay between Premiere and MediaEncoder for exports, about the first thing to check ... really, has always been ... is see if unchecking "import sequences natively" in MediaEncoder makes it better. As Matt notes gives a fix here also.

But of course, that only applies when doing Pr/Me pass-offs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VST 3.0 plugins mute audio tracks in Premiere Pro v 24.3.0

I have 'weddited' a luxury wedding, and used quality VST 3.0 plugins (TRacks ) in Premiere to master the audio tracks. (Lavalier mics, foley sound, music, etc). When exporting directly or via Media Encoder, the audio tracks with VST effects are silent. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the issue solved in the current version of Premiere Pro? I hope so. Let the dev team know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, Thank you very much for your reply but I dont use third party VST since I have this issue so I really dont know if the problem is solved or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan This has been fixed on the official PP release for a while. In beta it was working for a few months, but then broke again about a month ago. I don't plan on updating to 24.5 anytime soon since I'd lose the ability to bring the project back to a stable release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope all is well. Can you check to see if the 24.6 version is working with these plugins? Please let the community know. Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 31, 2024 Aug 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kevin-Monahan  Waves VST Plugins are working in 24.6 for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate