• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebEx Presentation Audio in Premiere 2023

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a WebEx Presentation on Premiere Pro (23.2.0) on a MAC. The dowloaded file from WebEx has been imported locally into a bin. I can play the video in the preview monitor, but there is no audio attached with the file after it is placed into the bin. 

I can play the same file through the media player and it has audio attached to it. 

Wondering if there is something im not doing right with this file, I have never seen a rendered and downloaded .MP4 act this way before in Premiere. We do have a collegue that has version 23.1.0 that it does somehow play the audio on his computer, so just wondering if someone in the community would understand how to get this audio to play. 

Also, the files audio is at 32000 HZ before its imported in, we put it through Media Encoder and changed it to 48000 HZ, and it still did not recognize any audio with the file in the preview monitor or even when I put it down on the timeline. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Editing and playback , How to , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Update: We updated to latest version of Adobe and still had no luck. But, we updated our MACs to Ventura 13.2.1 and for some reason now it all works. I am confused as to why updating the computer and NOT the particular Adobe program changed the outcome, but it now does work with my WEBEX recordings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

This is just the latest in Adobe's lack of any-and-all quality control.  I have been editing Webex files since early 2020 and never had issues.  Now we're on 23.1 and I too get no audio.  It's not a Premiere bug, it's across the whole Adobe suite, that's why running it through Media Encoder doesn't work.  Quicktime can play the audio, and thankfully I have a stable editing app on my computer, so my workflow is to run it through Final Cut Pro X and recreate a H.264 from that to bring in to Premie

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Wanted to bump this because same issue here.

I never had issues before with Webex in 2022 & this is my 1st time trying to edit something in 2023 from Webex. I also tried running it thru Media Encoder and changed it to a mp3, mov, and MPEG-2 file to see if that would address the issue, but still it does not recognize the audio. For context, I can play the download in QuickTime just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to bump this because same issue here.

I never had issues before with Webex in 2022 & this is my 1st time trying to edit something in 2023 from Webex. I also tried running it thru Media Encoder and changed it to a mp3, mov, and MPEG-2 file to see if that would address the issue, but still it does not recognize the audio. For context, I can play the download in QuickTime just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just the latest in Adobe's lack of any-and-all quality control.  I have been editing Webex files since early 2020 and never had issues.  Now we're on 23.1 and I too get no audio.  It's not a Premiere bug, it's across the whole Adobe suite, that's why running it through Media Encoder doesn't work.  Quicktime can play the audio, and thankfully I have a stable editing app on my computer, so my workflow is to run it through Final Cut Pro X and recreate a H.264 from that to bring in to Premiere where all my AE GFX already are.  It's really ridiculous that Adobe has SO MANY BUGS and yet so many people still let them get away with it.  Keep giving adobe that monthly check and they have ZERO incentive to fix bugs.  They don't care.  They'll never care.  Move to FCP X, Resolve, Avid, ANYTHING else if you want stability and reliablility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: We updated to latest version of Adobe and still had no luck. But, we updated our MACs to Ventura 13.2.1 and for some reason now it all works. I am confused as to why updating the computer and NOT the particular Adobe program changed the outcome, but it now does work with my WEBEX recordings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just got some webex recorded files and could not hear audio on premiere. Upgrading to Ventura did the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this trick.  Upload it to Vimeo and then download it.  DON'T choose "original" for the download.  Choose the highest resolution option.  That worked for me.  Vimeo must convert the audio file or something.  

Votes

Translate

Translate