• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2017.02 crashes when zooming/scrolling timeline in source monitor in waveform view

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

The title says it all - I've reported it.

I'm adding it here to see if anyone else has had this and can point out a way to prevent this.

I use the waveform view extensivly in the source monitor when editing dialog, since it makes it very easy to skip over silent bits, but the panning and zooming in the source monitor is very clumsy (playing with the zoom and scrool bar) - it should work in the same timeline panel using the mouse mouse (with ALT for zoom).

I've put in feature request - if you agree then please add your voice

I suppose I could work in the pancake "source in timeline" mode intead of the source monitor. I don't like to do that since it eats up a lot of my vertical space (to get a decent size wave form and see both my source and main timelines)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yonatanl,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

1. Have you tried using the latest version of Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1? Is there any specific reason for not using the latest version?

2. Have you updated the GPU drivers to the latest version?

Please provide us more information related to the system configuration FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

I'm in the middle of a project, and I'm not upgrading till I get the feeling that the new version is stable.

So I'm on version 2017.02, windows 10, canon mxf 108025p with proxy, usingMecury (and not willing to turn it off to avoid random Adobe crashes...)  on Nvidia 1060 driver version 376.53 (latest is 382.33), 12 GB memory

BTW - The other A company, allows you to put your hw setup in a profile so thtas its always available, it would be cool if Adobe had that both in the forum and as part of the bug reporting mechanism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same crash on Premiere 2020 (14.9.0). Zooming far into a sequence with QuickTime ProRes video with stereo audio and MP3 music track causes the app to freeze consistently. Video and sequence both set to 24fps. Simple Lumetri correction and keyframed motion applied to video clip. Dropping the contents of this sequence into a new sequence results in the same crash.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit | OS Build 19042.1165
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (NVIDIA Studio driver ver. 471.68)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It probably won't work, but try converting the mp3 to wav.  Import the wav and replace the mp3 with the wav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines