• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:37)

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP finally starts working after crashing constantly and now this with the new update: 12.1

A low level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:37)  - rendering the imported footage unusable.
Nothing else has changed barring the AE and AME updates.
Anybody else with this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

If it was working on previous versions, roll back, I don't think this version of Premiere on this generation of your CPU

will handle H.264 files normally ... are you on the latest premiere pro update released days ago ? if no try to update

premiere to the latest, if yes, roll back to previous working versions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

01. Delete all your Media Cache files

02. Delete all render files (go to Sequence - Delete Render Files)

03. Manually delete all Video and Audio Previews (render files, location related to scratch disks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately this didn't help in my case and maybe not related but no Premiere is crashing on startup 90% of the time and when it doesn't it will crash on save. Love Adobe products
a.PNG

c.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Jeff's suggestions in this thread :

Low Level Exception??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 10 crashes when PP actually started correctly - no - unfortunately this also didn't work. Thank you for the suggestion.
d.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share your system specs in details ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release_svc_escrow.180502-1908)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: ASUS

System Model: All Series

BIOS: 1601

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 32676MB RAM

Page File: 7131MB used, 30408MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro M4000

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: Quadro M4000

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest update 12.1.2 ?

Deleting Media Cache is required before updating, try deleting media cache, uninstall premiere,

install premiere .. sorry im trying my best to help you out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help!

Yes the very latest update. I will try that hopefully today. I need to get on with other work after losing time (thanks again Adobe) maybe I won't reply till tomorrow about this fix.
Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problem, we are here to help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried this solution twice - yesterday and now with the same result - still has the low-level exception problem and then crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a specific file or files that are corrupt

try importing into after effects or media encoder and export to a different format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.mov and .avi versions import and play OK. Mp4 seems to be the problem.
Except when I try to save and then nothing works.
z.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the files that seem to cause the problem, try to import them into after effects or media encoder,

then export them from there and import back to premiere, what happens ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what I did before. AE and AME both accept the files with no problems and export normally as they always have even with the MP4's that are causing Premiere to crash. So really it is only Premier that is having the issues after the upgrade with these files that were not a problem before the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Edit - Preferences - Media - uncheck Enable accelerated H.264 Decoding

Restart

Let us know what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only this on mine no "Enable accelerated H.264 Decoding" but no change even with this un-ticked.
AA.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your CPU supports accelerated H.264 decoding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was working on previous versions, roll back, I don't think this version of Premiere on this generation of your CPU

will handle H.264 files normally ... are you on the latest premiere pro update released days ago ? if no try to update

premiere to the latest, if yes, roll back to previous working versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe help concerning the latest update and hardware acceleration :

Hardware acceleration updates

Hardware-accelerated H.264 and HEVC decoding on Mac

Hardware-accelerated H.264 and HEVC decoding is now supported on MacBook Pro and iMac Pro machines with Mac OS 10.13. Hardware decode acceleration is automatically selected as the default option (Preferences > Media > Enable hardware accelerated decoding) in PremierePro on Mac if the hardware supports it.

Windows Intel Hardware Encoding for MP4/HEVC

Hardware acceleration is now available on Windows 10 with 7th Generation (or later) Intel® Core™ processors and Intel Graphics enabled.

If your hardware supports it, then Hardware Accelerated is enabled in the Performance menu of the Export Settings dialog box.

If your system hardware does not support it, the Performance menu switches automatically to Software Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or since your files open on after effects and media encoder, export them from there to different formats

keeping the same settings and preserving quality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help over the past days. I unfortunately now have projects that have this problem that can't be opened in previous versions as they where saved while testing the latest. Of course the lesson learnt is not to trust Adobe and save all your files in different versions of the software. My processor is two years old according to Intel and my machine is fully specced to run all the other software I need. Surely Adobe don't see it as a good idea to disable everybody work with this update? Why doesn't disabling the hardware acceleration work?
Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when opening on newer versions didn't you have the option thaht pops up to save as a copy ?

Don't you still have Auto Saves from the previous version ?

One user at another thread was in contact with Adobe Care yesterday and they told him that engineers

are working on another major fix that will be released soon ... video files are becoming bigger and bigger

every day, with new technologies that really require hardware improvements and upgrades to accommodate

to the vast technical progress ... all other software are suffering as well ... seems like these are somehow

tough times that we will pass through ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - it does increment it but I must have saved over the original name instead. I found a hack here that actually works and is easy to fix the "newer version" issue so that is good.
software - How do I 'downgrade' an Adobe Premiere Pro project file to open in older versions? - Vide...

OK - well fingers crossed for the new version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah lets wait for the new improvements coming soon .... for now don't

update and finish your deadlines on previous versions and keep monitoring

the forums here during these tough times where technology is moving at

light speed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines