• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exeption occurred in: Wraptor DCP (Exporter 9)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Can anyone help with this?  I have tried loads of different things but I cannot seem to export my 11minute short as a Wraptor DCP file. 

Please help!

Thanks
Melanie

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Melanie.
What exactly is the reason? Is the sequence set up correctly? The encoder in the export settings?
Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get:

Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

A low-level exception occurred.

Writing with exporter: Wraptor DCP
Writing to file: /Users/melanieperry/Desktop/SCOOTCH.dcp
Around timecode: 00;00;00;00
Component: Wraptor DCP of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:00:00
08/05/2021 05:04:53 PM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
A low-level exception occurred in: Wraptor DCP (Exporter:9)

As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly

So far the 'fixes' I have seen online don't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to make a pre-render of clips on the timeline in the sequence tab, the one at the top of the settings panel. Then try exporting the material, but don't forget to check the "use preview"box.

Write me how it went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Done this. Still get the same error message.

I can export in EVERY other format but not dcp.  It's not a storage issue either as I have tons of space available.

It's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is strange that Adobe does not have better support for the output of the DCP format. Since I am familiar with DaVinci, I can say that in the full version, this function is implemented well. You only need to know how to adjust the correct aspect ratio and apply the correct settings in the final tab and voila everything is ready. I have not encountered this here.
Listen, and what is your frame rate at the same time? And tell me the settings of the timeline?
I'm waiting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, although last year I managed to make a dcp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used version 2023, but now it is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this issue alot and this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the same exact issue and nobody seems to know what is going on. not even their team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DCP is not working properly. Write to the support service and indicate the topic. In general, as far as I know, there is a third-party easyDCP plugin that can facilitate the situation with output to the cinema format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andre,

Sorry, my friend. Are you on an M1 Mac? If so, it's not supported there yet. It should work in Rosetta, though. Is that your case? If so, can you try that?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, welcome back ✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, the only thing I've found that works is importing an mp4 or prores mov version into Premiere and exporting it through the Wraptor DCP codec that way, everything else gives me errors. No festival or theater has complained to me so I'm assuming it works fine haha. I found this out through just brute force trying everything. Adobe has no idea how any of this functions I'm pretty sure. Maybe it has something to do with the quality and quantity of files in the timeline it has to render? It sucks though because obviously re-rendering an already rendered file lowers the quality. Also, most places now can do mp4 or mov as backup or instead of DCP so it's less of a 'requirement' which is nice since our projectors are more savvy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exporting to a highquality format like proress422HQ will not result in any visible loss in quality.  And if you still are worried, prores4444 should preserve all quality...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware but would exporting a prores file to wraptor DCP vs directly from the original premiere project affect the quality at all or would it be the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do this exact thing now: I created a new project for the DCP conversion, and brought my final mp4 into the timeline, followed all the settings from a popular YouTubbe and all looks good. But once I click export, the progress bar just never moves past 0%. I thought it might have something to do with my M1, so I tried it on a slightly older macbook pro and its doing the same thing. Any advice would be welcome.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled upon a solution that could solve the problem in some cases:
I tried to export a file with a german umlaut (ä,ö,ü...) and the error happened at the end of the export when it tries to write the file itself. Try not to use any weird letters, symbols, characters or punctuation marks. 

Hope this will help somebody...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's it. Great :-)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything! One way helped, created subsequence with file attributes, and transferred all files to new sequence. and it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys. I managed to solve the problem in the following way. I had to go to File, Project Settings, General. In the part where it says Render I changed the CUDA option and put the Mecury Playback Engine Software Only option.

Sorted out. But it took a long time to save, because in my case it was a feature film.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registered only for help you guys.

TRY TO OUTPUT FILE IN ROOT FOLDER, LIKE C://yourfile Don't use any hieroglyph or cyrrilic in path or filename!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines