• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accidentally overwrote key file

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I named my exported project the same as one of the files i used for  the project and now the project has missing media but I cannot find the file that was replace anywhere. Is there any way to find and restore this clip? 

for more context: i had a video named "video 1". i named my project "video 1" so when it exported it replaced the file "video 1". 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, Premiere Pro won't overwrite any file used in the project you export from, but if for some reason it did (!), then you can't restore the original one because you overwrite it with another one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't sound promising. If you have a backup, or the file from the camera on the camera card. But you would have had to have 'video1.mp4' and then export to video1.mp4 in the same folder. You'd have to get by the export asking if you want to overwrite... Use your OS search funtion to find any files everywhere of the correct name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines