adobe premiere fails to launch after Windows update KB5025221

adobe premiere pro 23.4

Win10 x64 OS

Uninstall of KB5025221 failed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences.

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had significant problems with two KBs recently. Win11 21H2. No problems with apps, It would just boot to a black screen with a mouse pointer. I could open Task manager and using the RUN command in that window, was able to poke around for several hours until I could figure out which KB it was (I didn't have the until I did) and roll back. (KB 5025184). Then I just had it again the other day, (first was about 2 weeks ago), before I let that KB run (KB 5025298), I created a restore point, and I was able to get that restored again using Taskmanger run again. (BTW: "Chrome" in that run dialog opens chrome). Finally I entered 'Explorer' in that run window and the GUI opened. At least I know how to fix it now. But I thought I had tried that the first time too...

It's a PIA, but I just wrote so you know there are some problems with that stuff. Rollback if you can, using restore point or uninstall the KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines