I was working on Premiere Pro and all my files were coming in fine with the audio then suddenly when I imported more files the audio stopped coming in with the video. I don't understand what happened, The audio in the video works fine when I open it in something like Windows Media Player but it won't show audio in Premiere Pro.
I cleaned the cache and made sure all the audio source patching button was on but still nothing, Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it
Below are some snaps of whats on my screen.
Imported files says it has audio with it.
But this is what the audio looks like
What is the source of the .mp4 files? If a video camera, the best solution is to copy entire contents of SD card to hard drive (in a new folder), then import in Premiere using Media Browser, not File > Import.
Most video cameras have some sort of folder structure on the SD card and there can be metadata inside those folders that help Premiere to identify and properly work with your particular media. If you are copying and importing ONLY the .mp4 clip itself into Premiere, without other supporting files, that could be the issue.
You may need to start a New Project,or at least rename current media folder on drive (with Premiere closed) before re-importing clips, or Premiere may continue to use/reference first set of clips and issue continues then.
Safe Harbor Computers
Copy link to clipboard
I had this issue before and cleaning the media cache didn't work; I had to rename and move my media cache folders.
This issue is not solved by following the steps above for me. MP4 video imports with no audio...I NEED this fixed and cannot find any information on it...PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!
Just updated and had the same issue. I followed step 1 which is deleting all cache and peak files. Then I had to make all the MP4s offline. I relinked them and the audio showed up. Had to edit the audio back in manually but it seemed to fix the problem for me. I should know better by now not to update Adobe for at least a week. Hope this helps.
Using Premiere's clearing of the cache and moving of the cache didn't work for me. I had to manually find the files on my hard drive and delete them all. Only once I deleted all the cache files did Premiere reconnect files with audio.
Thank you for the guidance. My .pek files were saving on the external drive where my original .mts files were. Once it worked once, it wouldn't work again. I had to delete the .pek files and it then imported fine. Wondering if the .pek should be saved on my computer and whether configuring it that way will help.