Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe premiere subtitles

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi 

i have subtiltes in word document with the time code. 

in this 2022 version i can not copy and paste time code from word document to adobe premiere.

Can you advice me some solution

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot paste timecodes.

It is best to convert your Word document into an SRT file for import to PR.

But the SRT format has very specific formatting.

Your screenshot does not look like your Word document. What is the format of the Word document. Can you post a screenshot of a few of the subtitles in the Word document?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your email
I have arabic and english subtiltes

When i am creating srt and importing it in pr
It gives full stop(.) in opposite direction
Which means in starting rather than ending
Thats the reason i wanted to copy paste time codes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information and the screenshot. This can work. But, as they say "the devil is in the details."

Can you also post a screenshot of a bit of the SRT file you created?

Thanks,

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is .doc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created file on textedit than uploaded it to 

gotranscript.com/

as you can see the full stop is their in arabic after sentence but in premiere it comes before the sentence

Thanks for your help 

awaiting reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you are able to import your SRT, but that the full stop (period) is not in the right place.

You appear to be importing srt with two line captions, one in English and one Arabic? As you say, one problem is that PR is moving the ending period (full stop character) to the wrong end, but this may be because is cannot handle different font types in one caption block.

Your third screen shot shows the actual contents of a file. I assume it is the SRT, but it is not a standard format srt.

To attach the srt file here, click on the "Drag & drop here or Browse files to attach" at the end of the post entry window.

I'd like to test it so I can deal with the full stop being in the wrong place.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for not replying earlier.. thanks i really appericiate your response and concern.

I am attaching the original word document which i received. i convert these files from word to srt through web.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; I'll take a look. Bad weather and may lose power.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kashif,

What I now believe is that this is an issue of Right to Left DISPLAY of the Arabic subtitles. All you have to do is click the Right to Left Typing icon in the "Text" section of the Essential Graphics Panel for that subtitle - apply it to the whole track.

HOWEVER, I think you intend to have English on one line and Arabic on another - in the same caption segment. Right to Left Typing applies to the whole caption segment, not per line and not what you select.

A workaround is to put the English (or Arabic) in its own sequence and nest it in the main sequence. You can only burn in, no use a sidecar file to turn the captions on and off.

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-contr...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines