• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Products Is making my pc super slow !

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so my normal boot time would be About 3 sec but when installed adobe it took 30 sec - 1 min ! ( My Cpu could be a problem )

I have Adobe rush , Adobe premier pro , Acrobat DC .

All aps are up to date and downloaded with creative cloud .

There are many tasks in task manager od adobe related things .

Specs :-

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400T CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

OS details :-

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎02-‎09-‎2021
OS build 22000.184
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.184.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Guess what? It might not be Adobe at all, but it may be that you could have been soft-rebooting Windows that's causing the slower boot times. You see, by default Windows is configured to utilize "fast startup," which requires a large hybernation file on your boot drive that's larger than the size of your installed RAM. But the fast startup feature only kicks in if you shut down Windows (via the shutdown menu) rather than restarting Windows. Restarting Windows via the menu will defeat the fast st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Pro forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be normal.

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry and thanks !
The name is Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

And the video processor is   Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

I could not send the detailed specs as aobe would not allow me to .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? It might not be Adobe at all, but it may be that you could have been soft-rebooting Windows that's causing the slower boot times. You see, by default Windows is configured to utilize "fast startup," which requires a large hybernation file on your boot drive that's larger than the size of your installed RAM. But the fast startup feature only kicks in if you shut down Windows (via the shutdown menu) rather than restarting Windows. Restarting Windows via the menu will defeat the fast startup feature, forcing a complete full reboot cycle.

In addition, the i5-6400T is not a good CPU choice at all for video editing: In addition to having only 4 cores and 4 threads, its clock speed is too low: The maximum all-core turbo speed of that CPU is only 2.5 GHz, and even the maximum single-core turbo speed of that CPU is only 2.8 GHz - all restricted to limit the TDP (heat output) to only 35W instead of the 91W that the full-performance Skylake CPUs are rated to run at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh Thanks for telling ! As a studet i am kind out of budget to upgrade to an i7 Or some other  I may upgrade in a year i guess .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also actually mine is a mini cpu so it should be easy to upgrade .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced this too.

AMD 5950X
Nvidia 3090 TI 16GB Graphics Card
128GB G.Skill DDR4 Clocked @ 3200mhz
Windows 10 Pro N 21H1 19043.2006 With all updates
All drivers are up to date.

I ended up buying two brand new mice and throwing away a perfectly good razer blackwidow over a period of 3 months.
Lately, it has been driving me nuts.
So I begin removing programs 1 by 1 and waiting a day to see if there was a change.

Yesterday, I removed adobe products. All of them.
And suddenly, these intermittent performance hits on a relatively top of the line PC, were gone.

What was happening for me, was the keyboard and mouse would lag for a second while adobe did something in the background. This would cause my mouse to stop in place, my keyboard to repeat whatever key I had pressed last until it stopped.

There is no doubt in my mind adobe has many issues. They run 15+ background programs when no app is active, all to protect their assets. They delete your shortcut preferences on payment aniversary dates or during updates, they deposit a file in every folder you open an image from now.
They don't support basic imaging tools like the creating of icons, and they charge an arm and a leg.

I am at the end of my time with Adobe. $60 a month for 5 years has been enough for me, given that now, I can't effectively use my PC without disabling every product when finished using something.

Its a shame, because it really is the best product out there (photoshop, illustrator, after effects).
But they (and their community) get angry when you tell them about a problem rather than looking into it and trying to find a resolution.

Whatever is causing these hangs... Needs to go before I come back. And an apology to the community would be nice as well.

Also happens on my 3900x, 3950x and 3400g PC's. It's not an isolated issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Quite high end machine here. Whenever i start PS, Ai, Id or whatever from Adobe i get permanent lagging mouse, very sluggish windows and it goes until i close every single Adobe program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't bring myself to ever get past the trial for adobe products because it's always enough for me to remember that these products are only built for people who don't worry about money.  What used to be a my 6-month investment/downpayment for one time purchase became buying Adobe dinner once a month for life.  Sick of paying more for a software bundle than I pay to keep my dog fed every month regardless of how much I use it.  Then using the software turns my next-gen computer into a potato.
At least they let you install it for free so you have to spend a week figuring out how to get rid of it when it innevitably isn't for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

Sorry about that. It may not be your system but the media. These days you need to convert it before you can edit it. Which camera shot your files? Are they 4K? Can you give us any system info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD? We need a little more info to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines