Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After Premiere upgrade, saturation on timeline went off while footage saturation remained the same

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I recently upgraded Premiere after a series of crashes, but the crashes aren't the problem:

Once rebooted, my timeline window displays the footage saturated when no saturation effect has been added, while the raw footage remains flat, adn when I export the footage it keeps the saturation... what has happened here? I'm thinking of some solutions like relinking all the footage, but I need to know what has happened here to avoid it again in the future, and any other solution suggestions if available... (oh, and it's not a hardware issue, or if it is it's a weird one as I've opened the file in several different computers and the issue remains)

Image attached (right is raw flat footage .MXF, left is timeline window):

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 11.42.49.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021
Hi ENON films, Sorry to hear about this. In which color space was the media  recorded? Also, if this project was created in the previous version of Premiere Pro, please try these steps & check if it helps. Right-click on the media file in the Project panel. Select Modify > Interpret Footage. Under Color Management, set Color Space Override to Rec. 709 & click OK. Let us know if restores the correct preview. Thanks, Sumeet

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ENON films,

Sorry to hear about this. In which color space was the media  recorded? Also, if this project was created in the previous version of Premiere Pro, please try these steps & check if it helps.

• Right-click on the media file in the Project panel.
  • Select Modify > Interpret Footage.
  • Under Color Management, set Color Space Override to Rec. 709 & click OK.

Let us know if restores the correct preview.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sumeet! That worked!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines