• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alex Audio Butler stopped support/updates for PPro any alternatives?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've been using Alex Audio Butler for around 8 months (founded thru Video reveal)
(115) This AI controlled audio mixing is absolutely crazy! - YouTube
and its been amazing for audio ducking, mastering levels, interviews, music etc. much easier and better than the audio essentials from premiere.
Unfortunatelly they stopped continuing support, so with the new Build 26. + the PPro crash when trying to Save, if you apply the AAB pluging. So sad, they even offered me my money back.
Do you know any other alternative Pluging as easy and efective as this one?

Mostly appreciatted, 
Diego.

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Soon they're launchin a new standalone version called "end boost". Expensive!
https://alexaudiobutler.com/endboost/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant "Build 22"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Same here bro... Its terrible. I absolutely love this plug in. I can do it manually but its a ton of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon they're launchin a new standalone version called "end boost". Expensive!
https://alexaudiobutler.com/endboost/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awful news.

I've used Alex Audio Butler for many months on my projects that vary in length with some an hour long.

I work by putting AAB on all my audio tracks and setting the audio level in each to varying levels.

For instance:

Audio Track 1 FX Track at level 5 with subtle ducking
Audio Track 2 FX Track at level 4 with subtle ducking
Audio Track 3 FX Track at level 3 with subtle ducking
Audio Track 4 FX Track at level 2 with subtle ducking
Audio Track 5 Music Track at level 4 with subtle ducking
Audio Track 6 Music Track at level 3 with subtle ducking

When placing fx or music I move the data between the tracks to get the correct sound balance level from AAB.

It works perfectly but sometimes with long projects AAB would never complete the analysis which is required for export.

This doesn't matter because I would hear the audio correctly mixed within Premiere.

Because of occasional issues like this the AAB Team suggested I use End Boost; their standalone product which is in beta.

I have therefore been subscribing to it for quite a few months.

End Boost does indeed allow you to take the whole audio track and select the appropriate configuration (with identical setting as AAB) for it and then do a final mix.

It works perfectly for using it as a final stage in the edit.

It is, however, very expensive and the interface is poor and it is exceedingly slow.

My main gripe with only using End Boost without AAB in Premiere is; how are you supposed to know what the correct level for each clip is without checking it in Premiere?

End Boost works on a whole track and you can't do anything at all with individual clips.

If AAB is no longer to be supported; I hope someone else comes out with a suitable plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we need new options..

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has anyone tried using older premiere pro? i tried 2023 and 2022 both do not work. sad i just bought it in july. they offered me a 2 week trial, but  I use resolve to stay away from more subscriptions. sorry Adobe i only have you because of work.  lol an alternative would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine with Version 22.5.0 (Build 62) which I am using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you let me try 22.5 i have 22.62 and i can confirm it does not work there. sad thing is it works it just wont let you save. I feel this is an easy fix for Audio Butler but they are pushing people to their paid subscription model. Expensive, another app to learn,  and i am trying to get away form subscription models. I don't mind paying for upgrades but this subscription model is sad.

I think im just going to do all my video for this project in premiere 2023 since i have it all in there and do all sound in resolve... boo Audio Butler!!! 

22.5 does still work thank you GMC99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works in 23.0 BUT you cannot save the project with it. It will crash. So if you want to use it, you can only apply it on export. Huge pain if you are using multiple audio sources. Subscription models are such a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines