Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Alexa LUT baked in can't remove from merged clips

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm editing in Premiere 2021. I am working with Alexa mini footage, and Premiere automatically puts the Rec 709 color space on the footage. I know I can batch remove this from the original clips by right clicking the clips in the project panel, going to Modify - Interpret Footage and then taking the LUT off. But ... I merged my clips without removing the LUT because I assumed if I took the LUT off the original clips, the merged clips would also be affected, but this is not the case. I took the LUT off of all the original clips, but the merged clips still have the LUT. When I go to modify the merged clips, there is no option to remove the LUT - it doesn't show on the Interpret Footage screen. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any workaround without having to replace each clip in the timeline? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're stuck on this one ... there's some things that have to be done prior to other things, like merging clips.

If you are merging clips to match video with separate audio, merge clips is neither the intended process nor the best one for the job. It has many limitations, among them ... it does not keep any metadata whatever from any audio file in the merged clip. (Merged clips were intended only for things like grabbing a clip with audio from something else laid under it on a timeline to move together.)

So any handoff to audio work in ProTools or whatever will not normally work with merged clips. In fact, a number of editing things don't work ... such as top & tail edits with the Q and W shortcut keys.

The "multicam" process is actually the one intended for separate-audio workflows. Where you have a camera that may have audio or may not, and one or more audio tracks recorded at that time for use in the clip. Such as most set work, where you have a separate audio capture system.

For an idea how this is expected to work, they go over this in some useful detail in a brand new guide with lead writer Jarle Leirpoll, whose massive 1200 page tome " The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro " is still the best manual for pro workflows with PrPro from setup through handoffs to other apps to everything.

The new guide ...   Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide  ... is detailed and has a good table of contents to get you exactly where you want to read.

Jarle then expanded on the multicam workflows on his blog ...

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines