• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL keyboard shortcuts have disappeared

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this sounds really weird but my keyboard shortcuts, ALL of them, have disappeared:

EmptyShortcuts.jpg

I have tried resetting my personal settings. I have tried uninstalling (and selecting "yes, remove app preferences") and reinstalling. Nothing seems to have worked. My keyboard shortcuts for all my other Adobe apps don't seem to have been affected.

Needless to say, it's effectively impossible to use Premiere without shortcuts. How do I get them back?

HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Hello

I think I solved the problem in a weird way. I've opened the shortcut preferences and got the notice about the shortcut missing. I'd hit okay and noticed that in the drop down menu was an option for the CS6 version of the shortcuts. I've loaded it and saved as Affonso shortcuts and had hit okay. The shortcuts are working just fine and the warning has gone. But I think it was not necessary to rename it.premiere problema atalhos-1.JPGpremiere problema atalhos-2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. Do any of the presets show from that dropdown menu? Also, do you have your own custom keyboard presets?

I saw this in another forum. Just out of curiosity, does your Sync Settings in your preferences look like this?

E850401D-7DB7-4D62-A89D-CF064CFA4679.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer Brandon:

By dropdown menu, I assume you mean the "Keyboard Layout Preset" dropdown. If yes, then no, there are no keyboard shortcuts for any selection of any of the presets.

Also, I've never sync'd the settings from any other machine. While my sync settings do show Keyboard Shortcuts checked, this has never changed from when I initially installed. BTW, on the Preferences/Sync Settings page, the Last Sync date is "unknown".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you are on a Mac or a Windows computer but by chance did you rename or delete your Documents folder where Adobe is now saving info such as Keyboard shortcuts? If Premiere Pro doesn't know how to find that data then it would make sense perhaps it's not showing up. I'm on a Mac and mine are saved in ~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/13.0/

Or maybe it's a permissions error in that folder structure too? Just thought of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer gerikp10383985:

This is on a Mac. Once the problem started, one of the few troubleshooting recommendations I was able to find (on this forum) was to delete the folder ~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/13.0/Profile-<name>, and then reboot. That didn't work. When I rebooted, it recreated the folder but still no keyboard shortcuts. (Holding down Alt while launching the app didn't do anything either.)

Again, I would have thought that when I uninstalled (choosing to remove user preferences) and then reinstalled, the problem would be fixed. It wasn't.

I suppose I could go in and manually re-enter the 2 or 3 dozen shortcuts I regularly use, but that doesn't sound like a great solution either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! This problem was driving me nuts!! After 15+ years of using Adobe shortcuts I don't hardly know how to work without them, then suddenly they were all GONE, good grief. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, messing with the system shortcuts and the shortcut preferences and nothing. Removed the "Premiere Pro..." stuff, restarted and zapped the pram on the mac. Worked great. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if you have searched your computer for the file extension ".kys" and see what shows up. That is the dot extension used for the files that hold your keyboard shortcut files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did, and the only two I found were Photoshop(/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019/Locales/en_US/Support Files/Shortcuts/Mac/Default Keyboard Shortcuts.kys) and Illustrator (/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2019/Presets.localized/en_US/Keyboard Shortcuts/Illustrator Defaults.kys). Nothing for Premiere.

It's rather curious, however, that if it's in a file in the application directory then why wouldn't it be installed when I reinstalled the app?

And if it's a file, how do I recreate it or find another copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strange behavior. I sent you a DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem. Reinstalling Premiere Pro did not fix this issue. Have you found a workaround?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if the OP found a final solution.

What I do know is that I had this exact same problem with Photoshop v19. (I know it's not Premiere but it might mean this could be  systemic with some Adobe installs). Anyway. This is how I got my shortcuts back in Photoshop.

I uninstalled Photoshop. Restarted my computer. Installed Photoshop through the CC App. Restarted my computer. Then when I opened up Photoshop I got a notice about a new shortcut change and now all my shortcuts are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thank you. I'll give it a try, hope it resolves the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem in both Premiere and Rush, Photoshop shortcuts seem intact. Mac as well. Any solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my workaround:

Copy the original file from here:

/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019.app/Contents/Keyboard Shortcuts/en/Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys

and Paste it to your folder:

/Users/username/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/13.0/Profile-username/Mac/Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults copy.kys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'd love to try this. Unfortunately I'm on a Windows PC. Could you maybe provide me with infos on this process for Desktop PCs?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this:

copy C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\Keyboard Shortcuts\en\Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys

to: C:\Users\user_name\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\13.0\Profile-m_omm\Win\Adobe Premiere Pro Defaults.kys

But no go. Shortcuts stay empty....

But... after changing my language settings the shortcut reappear  (English with US keyboard 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright great, I'll try doing the same. Thanks for your reply! If not, time to change to Resolve 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS! This is the answer. I have no clue why we have to go through this, but this fix worked! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks mate. this is the second time it happens. i already screened shot your method and put it in my emergency files bc this is the only work for me. you should mention to duplicate that file "premiere pro default.kys" file and use the duplicated file once on premiere. seems to be the only way it works for me. in case anyone has problems, that will deffently solve their problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to, say thanks !!!!!! this helped !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the no-shortcuts-at-all issue. This fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! just change keyboard language and it works! must restart premire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me on v.24! Thanks man, with issue was making me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked out perfectly. I assume, that it relies on the keyboard layout of the mac, which you can choose within your system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines