• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics compatible with Premiere Pro?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In looking for a Windows laptop, I'm finding that most come with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics. The app specs list Iris graphics for Mac, but not for Windows. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these graphics on a Windows device. I'm having a tough time finding a computer with specs that work for Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and PremierePro.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for writing in. You can refer to this article for Premiere Pro system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel® Iris® Xe is not among the supported cards, would you know when Adobe Premiere Pro will add support to it? Because I'm buying a new laptop this holiday and that's the blocker for me.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray,

Sorry. Try not to pay too much attention to the supported cards. That list is not regularly updated, and I've raised the issue with the team. The bigger issue is to pay atttention to system requirments. From what I read about the iGPU, with 4GB VRAM, it should work great for most editing jobs. I do not have access to the hardware, but would be most willing to help troubleshoot with anyone having problems.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

I am using a laptop with the iRIS xe integrated GPU and Premier Pro is crashing after only a couple of minutes. The laptop is new and i'm extremely disappointed in my lack of ability to even do basic editing and would like to take you up on troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray and Kevin - 

I'm in the same boat as Kevin from the sounds of it and getting very aggrevated. Its a band new laptop with Iris xe and has plenty of RAM. What solution do you have? Would appreciate the help greatly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there !
I have the same problem. I bought a new laptop just for learn video and motion design with Adobe suite and that doesn't work... Premiere Pro worked few days in July and after updates it malfunctions.

I'm completely sad and confused. I have spent many hours with Adobe Support to resolve this problem and nothing... Different persons and No solution... I pay the Monthly subscription.
I just think to change my laptop but no money. I've already spent 2000 euros.
I think Adobe will be announce Iris Xe is not compatible.

Case to follow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe nor am I an expert but I do teach Adobe software at a College level and I have a few students who are having difficuty with Windows using the Intel discrete Xe graphics on playback. We are not certain that the graphics card is the issue but it is a common denominator between the computers and it is not, as of this writing, on the supported device list. Adobe will likely officially support this soon, if they can, and we will be able to check that off the list of probable causes of the playback issues.

Off topic - hopefully Adobe can do this faster than it is taking them to fix making poster frames on subclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start by saying I'm not a full time video editor.  I simply use Adobe PP for personal use and personal videos.   I recently bought a laptop that I thought would be good enough to use with Adobe PP.   It came with Iris Xe Graphics.  Editing was great.  No issues at all.  I noticed glithces and pixelation in the preview but thought it was just because it's preview.  When I tried exporting my video, the output also had glitches and pixelation.  I went online and tried everything from updating device drivers, using Software encoding instead of hardware, etc.  I ran the same project on my PC which is nowhere near as powerful and it exported perfectly.   My bet is that Iris Xe Graphics is the culprit.  Luckily I'm still within a return window and will be returning the laptop and getting another one.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are any of your sources from a screen recording or smartphone?  If so, the problem may be caused by variable frame rates which can cause intermittent and unpredictable problems.  Here's how to confirm the diagnosis and fix it

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Victor62520 and others,

The culprit stems from the fact that all integrated graphics steal a lot of RAM from the main system because they completely lack their own discrete VRAM. In fact, if that laptop or desktop has only integrated graphics and is equipped with 16 GB or less RAM, then the usable RAM for programs may become depleted because the Iris Xe or other IGP steals so freaking much RAM from the main system whenever any program that requires the IGP for hardware acceleration is used. In fact, some of them steal so much that the system would end up with not enough usable system RAM to run much of anything. And there is absolutely no indication whatsoever when that occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing your video rendering and playback to mercury playback engine software only. Mine was on GPU acceleration as default. It is a little slower but my pc doesn't crash/freeze all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do it. But before I updated Premiere, all was even with GPU acceleration ...

Problem comes from Adobe new versions I think
GPU accelaration is default because it's necessary.

Case to follow ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Before I updated Premiere. All was ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all because newer versions of Premiere Pro are more resource-hungry than earlier versions were. It also goes back to my earlier post in this discussion: No integrated on-CPU graphics processor ever had its own discrete VRAM to begin with. Instead, all IGP's steal a great deal of system RAM for itself, and that amount becomes completely unavailable to programs while the IGP is utilized.

Switching the Premiere Pro renderer to "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" does not fix this fundamental problem with integrated graphics. It merely circumvents it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It alway does. My Laptop-Intel NUC M15 LaptopKit using latest version of Adobe PR v22.4 and updated latest Intel Xe Graphics driver 30.0.101.1660. While I Rendering OpticialFlow - slowMotion or use LUTs It 100% Crashed ! Even I use Adobe Media Encoder (AME) Convert ProRes 422 HQ to HEVC Format crash too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines