• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning keyboard shortcuts for Premiere workspaces

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been busy customizing my keyboard for Premiere, and was able to assign different workspaces as keyboard shortcuts (Editing is F12, Color Correction F11, etc).  But I just created another workspace and I can't seem to remember how to tell which workspace is which is the keyboard command menu.  Meaning, when I go into the keyboard shortcuts window, all workspaces are named Workspace1-Workspace9, and I can't for the life of me tell what number my new workspace is assigned.  Could someone remind me how to figure this out?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

They way it's bullt, it wants to number according to the alphabetic order it sees things after it looks in the Custom Workspaces list (which is stored in an XML file, btw). If you simply rename each panel you use, with every one you want access via keyboard short starting with a number, as in:

1 Editing

2 Effects

3 Color

... then those will all be in that order in the Workspaces dialog, and using the built-in keyboard shorts setup works and the shorts will be shown alongside the workspaces in the Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They way it's bullt, it wants to number according to the alphabetic order it sees things after it looks in the Custom Workspaces list (which is stored in an XML file, btw). If you simply rename each panel you use, with every one you want access via keyboard short starting with a number, as in:

1 Editing

2 Effects

3 Color

... then those will all be in that order in the Workspaces dialog, and using the built-in keyboard shorts setup works and the shorts will be shown alongside the workspaces in the Window/Workspaces dialog box. And won't change in order as other things are added or deleted.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your time!  This is absolutely what I was looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help. It's one of those things that took me quite a while to sort out, but finally did.

Of course, there's Jarle Leirpoll, of Norway ... he's got an excellent book, a thorough and exhausting ebook on PrPro and setting it up, templating or presetting everything you routinely do, tons of things to increase both what you can do and how fast you get it done, besides explaining much of the arcana of how PrPro actually ... works.

I found this recently, and if I'd had that all along (while going through hours of lynda.com tutorials) ... I'd have been much earlier at learning things like that! I include the link for his site below. Jarle is a great editor/colorist/AfterEffects and general motion video guy, teaches it as well as he does it.

Neil

PremierePro.net - discover the cool stuff in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank god I found this thread! SO simple but yet I was banging my head on the walls trying to resolve this...it should be WAY more obvious in the online help...I have 30+ years of experience in using various software and even teaching telecommunications and networking and I had a real hard time with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this was super useful. I'm just waiting for a macro pad and I'm going to adding this workspace keyboard shortcuts and assigning them to hardware buttons for ease of use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I've been looking for an answer to this issue for some time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

So the quickest way seems to name your custom workspaces for example "A1_Edit,  A2_Color,  A3_Timeline" to ensure the standard shortcuts will be assigned by default to your custom workspaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As they only look at the numbers, skip the letters ... just 1, 2, 3 ... and they only go to nine anyway.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines