• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Clips Cut Off Since Updating to Premiere Pro Version 23.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like the subject states, ever since I updated my Premiere Pro to version 23.1, some of my audio files are cut off when I preview them and when I drop them into my timeline.

By "cut off", I mean missing the first part of the audio clip, missing part of the middle, missing the end, sometimes even all of the above. It's like somebody randomly sliced pieces out of them.

The affected files don't give any import error when imported into Premiere Pro.

As far as I can tell, this is limited to MP3 files. However, I've never experienced this issue before the 23.1 update.

I checked the source files and they're just fine. No issues playing them in my music players, which leads me to believe this is a Premiere Pro issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I may need to revert back to a previous version of Premiere Pro, unless anyone knows why this is occurring. 

My system specs (please let me know if you need more info):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
  • RAM: 64.0 GB DDR4
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
  • Drives:
    • Internal M.2 SSD (C Drive): Model CT1000P5PSSD8, 1 TB
    • External USB 3.0 M.2 SSD (D Drive): Model Samsung Portable SSD T5 SCSI Disk Device, 2 TB
TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Hi General,

Sorry. There are some issues with 23.1. You can move back to 23.0. You may also want to avoid .mp3 files in a post-production environment. They are highly compressed and can fail. Use .wav and .aif files for best results.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi General,

Sorry. There are some issues with 23.1. You can move back to 23.0. You may also want to avoid .mp3 files in a post-production environment. They are highly compressed and can fail. Use .wav and .aif files for best results.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Kevin! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having major audio issues with 23.1 as well. The audio drops out on the simplest timeline and makes editing near-impossible. Has anyone else been having this issue?

It especially can't handle when there's dialogue of any kind (even a few seconds, with just one or two clips stacked) or a music track. Making proxies or rendering the timeline doesn't make a difference. I've tested the project file on multiple computers and clean re-installed my drivers as well. 

I got a new desktop and updated to Windows 11 and Premiere 23.1 at the same time, so any troubleshooting appreciated. Same project was working just fine in 22 on Windows 10. (I updated the project file from 22 to 23.1 as well.) The new desktop has a way nicer graphics card so there should be no issue there at all.

(Running Windows 11, NVIDIA RTX 4090, plenty of RAM; Editing 4k FX6 footage). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines