• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio doesn't play in timeline, but plays in Source monitor

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue where the audio in my timeline is not playing, but when I click it to view in the source monitor, it plays just fine.

As the video plays through the timeline, my levels do not jump at all.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I already cleared my cache, which did not fix the issue and can't seem to find a solution. Would love help.

Information:

Software: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018

Hardware:

Windows machine

32 gb Ram

Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core 3.7ghz cpu

Geforce GTX 1060 gpu

Screenshot (1).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Resetting didn't work, clearing cache didn't work. Audio is playing out proper speakers. Not sure whats causing this problem. This problem also happens in other projects as well, but doesn't seem to effect other sequences and new sequences in the project.

Here is how I worked around it:

I created a new sequence with the same settings, and then I copied my problem sequence and pasted it. Problem solved itself there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I just realized, this is only effecting the sequence you see in the image. My other sequence that is loaded in the timeline is working just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Step 2D below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

On a side note, there are now four versions of Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018, so whenever you post in a forum, it's important that you post a specific version number of the software or driver that you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting didn't work, clearing cache didn't work. Audio is playing out proper speakers. Not sure whats causing this problem. This problem also happens in other projects as well, but doesn't seem to effect other sequences and new sequences in the project.

Here is how I worked around it:

I created a new sequence with the same settings, and then I copied my problem sequence and pasted it. Problem solved itself there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting this solution! I had no idea how to fix the problem and this saved me from re-doing a project and going insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted this above:

Here something else that works even better and is easier.

Just solo one audio track and then un solo it. All the audio comes back. Not sure why this happens but yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. THANK YOU!! I had the same problem and this odd solution resolved it. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just letting you know you saved the day on a project thats for sharing the GREAT TIP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here something else that works even better and is easier.

Just solo one audio track and then un solo it. All the audio comes back. Not sure why this happens but yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem and stumbled upon the same weird solution: Solo a track & then un-solo it. Obviously a bug given that this "solution" makes no logical sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works great. Stumbled on it too when trying all sorts of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later, Premier 2020, same bug, same fix. Thanks to you. Not so much to Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i recently updated my Mac APP version from 13 to 23.2.0 and am running into a few bugs.

One is this one that audio meters shows nothing while playing a (source monitor) timeline but if, while playing, i select the source monitor the meters just pop back to live. Select the timeline tab and... it stop working. The audio meanwhile still coming out ok.

Tryied cleaning cache, reboot, the solo/unsolo solution here below for no avail.

Any ideas?

iMac 3.2 8 core intel xeon w, 32GB ram

Premiere Pro 23.2.0 (build 69)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines