• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Gain during Playback

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi comunity.  I used to balance the audio mix during playback with + or - shortcuts ajusting de gain by 1db each time i press the keyboard. So while Im cheking the video cuts I can balance voices and music mix. The problem is that te result is percived after pausing and playing. I can't determinate if is a hardware problem of my sistem, a software configuration or a Software Bug.

Anybody also feels depress with this imposibility_? 

Cheers.

Nicolas

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like you may be much better off using a compressor here as opposed to increasing/decreasing peak gain.

I would absolutely have compressors on each voice channel/track as a matter of basics, and probably on the music track (depending on the source material of course as much modern 'music' has the dynamic range equivalent of a lightbulb these days).

Simply increasing clip gain by 1dB will make very little real difference and will cause more issues down the line.

Compression is cool - learn to love it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neil, Thanks for the replay.  Could be a possible alternative to add one  compresor in the send voice channel to keep voices controled. I will keep that option on mind,  but that will not resolve the limitation of premier to change the volume of a clip on the fly during playback. Sometimes Im playing a scene to the director  and I noticie the music need to be  more separted from the voice, just to understand the words, not specting to make a profesional mix,  so I decreese for example 3 db in the middle of the scene while is playback , that i can tell you is really makes a difference, and i have to stop and play again to ear the changes. I can't believe that the software is limited to that! Is a basic thing of any profesional audio software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines