Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Audio missing on some clips on the timeline

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have done something with my timeline and at some point I noticed that a chunk of clips in the timeline had no sound anymore (it was there before). If I double clicked on the video to bring up the clip on the source monitor, it would show as with no audio (sound icon greyed out). But the original file opened from the bin is fine. 

Eventually I found a YT video offering a "solution": position the cursor on the clip I want to recover, select the clip on the timeline, select Sequence-Match Frame. At that point the clip opens in the source monitor and the sound is there as well. I can then drag the sound back where it was. Only downside now all those clips are "unlinked". 

I would like to know what I did to create this issue as this is not the first time I noticed that. 

Any help appreciated!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Oh, I think I know what I did. 

I sometimes press ";" instead of "L". If I have an IN and OUT set, that removes the soundtrack - at least I've just tried and that is what happened. 

In that case

1. Is there a way to avoid that (besides trying NOT to press random buttons on my keyboard!)

2. Is there a quick way to undo that if it happens again

Thank you!

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I double clicked on the video to bring up the clip on the source monitor, it would show as with no audio (sound icon greyed out). But the original file opened from the bin is fine. 

By @Tony359

That is normal behavior.

I would like to know what I did to create this issue as this is not the first time I noticed that. 

By @Tony359

We cannot reproduce your workflow without knowing what you did.

If it happens again see if you can trace it back in the history. (up to 99)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I think I know what I did. 

I sometimes press ";" instead of "L". If I have an IN and OUT set, that removes the soundtrack - at least I've just tried and that is what happened. 

In that case

1. Is there a way to avoid that (besides trying NOT to press random buttons on my keyboard!)

2. Is there a quick way to undo that if it happens again

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think nr 1 applies best. 😉

Undo via History, this only works when project has not been closed and opened again. Or find an auto save.

If it's any consolation: this happened to me once or twice too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines