• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio only playing Mono - nested multicam

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering a problem where i nest a synced multicam sequence into a blank sequence to edit multicams. When i listen to audio in SS, its stereo like it should be. When I go to the roughcut nested sequence, it only plays mono. Out of both channels, but mono. I have tried to adjust audio channels, checked sequence settings, and tried to modify audio channels. Everything reads as though its stereo. However, when playing back, and when exporting, its mono. Does anyone have any experience with forced mono in nested sequences? 

Im running OSX 12.2, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), with Adobe Premiere Pro 22.2. 

Short video of my problems attached

thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at the video you posted, it appears that you are correctly using a stereo nested clip, but you are hearing the clip in mono because you are placing it on a Mono audio track.  

You can try this:

1. Right click on the track headers in the Timeline, and select "Add Tracks"

2. In the dialog that opens, put zero next to Video Track, and 1 next to Audio Tracks.  In the Track Type dropdown select Stereo.  

3.  For placement, pick where you want the track, as it cannot be moved after the track is created.  Press OK to create the Stereo Track.

4. In the Track header, you will see some small icon's indicating what the track channelization is.  If it is a single small speaker, it is Mono, if it is two small speakers  (or blank), it is Stereo.  If it is a 5.1 is a surround track.  If it is a number, it is a number, it is a Adaptive Track.

5.  Drag your stereo audio to the newly created stereo track, now you should be playing in stereo through the Mix track.

Once tracks are created, the channelization cannot be changed.  If you are working on Stereo content all the time, the best workflow is to always create stereo tracks regardless if your source is mono or stereo.

Please let me know if this correct the problem or not.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines