• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio stops after a (short) while (in Premiere)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have downloaded Adobe CC 2018 (4.3.0.256) I experience troubles with my audio-track in Premiere.

Audio just stops after a (short) while. From that moment on, the audio meter is also dead.

When I close Premiere and restart, the sound is back for some time.

This issue also occurs in old projects.

Windows 8.1

Intel i7 64-bits

16,0 Gb RAM

Hope someone can help me...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It worked for me/ thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh my gosh I can't beleive that worked, thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have similar problem. Some or all of the audio tracks deactivates after I restart Premiere and acts like they are muted. The only workaround that works for me is to create new audio tracks, move the audio files to the new tracks, then delete the old ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try soloing one audio track, then un-soloing. This should bring all audio back online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is remembering to do this when opening a project to export to h264 etc.  If you don't remember you will waste a lot of time - or even worse - some audio tracks will work but others won't.  So you end up with the wrong sound balance.  Ridiculous to have this bug introduced into the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too - I checked my audio file and converted it to another audio file type and that fixed it for me! Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is making me bonkers! Please fix - I'm unable to finish client work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My audio went out too last night and i'm pretty sure its because if you update to adobe 18, the are no longer supporting quicktime videos (and audio that goes along with it.)  Apparently if you are using a editing a movie from quicktime (which i know very little about what i'm about to try to say, so I apologize and ask that yall bear with me) but if you are using a quicktime movie, today was the last day before they are doing away with premier's (18)'s capability of like, editing that type of "encoded" media? It has something to do with we have to go and  change our movie formats (video and audio) to a "natural" encoded format that they support because quicktime is old school i guess.  I also saw on apples website that they are also no longer supporting quicktime player. So idk whats the deal. I love quicktime and i think it's dumb lol. But also it's making me mad because every video on my computer is .mov format because that's what's been built into this mac for 10 years. But anyway go to this thread and i think that this will help everyone a little better than my ramboling. 32-Bit QuickTime Support Ending - Premiere v12.0.0

Sorry about the lack of video editing jargon and terminology because i literally know nothing technical, i just kind of figure things out as i edit.

Thanks,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still going on. Ive had Adobe go through my system twice and its still not working. I am using CRM (Cinema Raw Light) footage. Super annoying having this camera and cant even use the files it puts out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super annoying having this camera and cant even use the files it puts out.

I had the same problem with CinemaDNG from Blackmagic cameras.

This solved my issue very well.

DaVinci Resolve 15 | Blackmagic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Your’re the third person to tell me to do that! If Adobe doesn’t get itntogether, I will be switching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was transfer the media cache from a spinning HHD to my SSD and now the issue has stopped. I think the spinning HHD was too slow for the information to be read fast enough. I have the project and the cache on my SSD. hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRY THIS! It worked for me.
1- Copy all the content of your sequence

2- Paste it in a new sequence
3- You're done
I hope this helps, have a faaaaaaantastic day and i see u around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue in both 2022 and 2023 versions. Huge bugs like this are absolutely ridiculous in professional software. Come on Adobe!! 

Ditching my subscription as soon as a viable alternative is found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.. after 7 years.. The only fix I've found is to use a proxy workflow. definitely switching to resolve. there are so many bugs that I've been experiencing and working around with premiere for YEARS now and nothing changes. just more useless updates and UI remixing. TRASH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searched everywhere for this. Just wanted to share if anyone was still having this issue!

https://youtu.be/3mKTW-4vN9I

I had the issue in Adobe Premiere 2020 where my audio would stop playing or drop out when playing and editing my video in Adobe Premiere when editing a 5.7k video with external audio tracks. The audio would drop out after 5 seconds, even with increasing the audio buffer size. It seems to be a ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this helps others: I had the same issue and the problem for me was that I had my Bluetooth earphones connected to my computer at the same time that I had my wired headphones connected to the mic (for voice monitoring). As soon as I disconnected the Bluetooth earphones, everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines