Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio suddenly Out-of-Sync, affecting even all autosaves

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am writing to you in desperation. This is the strangest thing I have ever encountered working with Premiere and I don't know how to fix it, even describing it is hard.

I finished a project yesterday. I rewatched it one last time, everything was good, saved and was done for the day. Today I wanted to check everything again with a fresh eye. I re-opened the project, started to watch and was hit with an out of sync audio. No problem. There are autosave-files, right? Well, they are all the same. The strange thing is, it only affects roughly the first half of the timeline (so not all clips are out of sync). After then it is (mostly) sync again. Like I said, it is also affecting every autosave.

It is also is NOT timeline specific. I work with two timelines within the project. One for the rough-cut and then one for the final one. In both of those timelines the clips are out of sync. This makes me think that Premiere is "reading" the source audio-files wrong, right? But I literally changed nothing about them. Does anyone have an idea, what could have caused this? I am absolutly clueless and therefore can't even attempt to fix this. I tried it on my Mac (other computer) same issue. All files are stored on an external SSD.

I sunk 30+ hours in this project already and the deadline is right across the horizon. So I am having a small breakdown right now. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this I would be absolutely grateful.  

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is getting even stranger. On the Rough-Cut-Timeline some of the clips are in sync that are out of sync (by seconds) in the final timeline. I swapped those clips and everything was good again until I close Premiere and open it up again. Then it is again out of sync exactly by the same amount as before. So I can't even fix it because everytime I restart Premiere Pro it will be changed again. The clips and the audio is linked.

What the hack is happening?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your footage was recorded from the web or from a mobile device there is a good chance that it has a variable frame rate.

If this is variable frame rate footage I would run it through the free app HandBrake and export it as a fixed rate.

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would not surprise me one bit to find that this is bang on correct, Rob.

Variable Frame Rate is something that Premiere does not like to edit - come to think of it, it's not liked by any NLE that I can think of. 

@ThE OP - what was the source of your footage, please?

Can you download the wonderful MediaInfo & check (use text output module), posting a screenshot of the results so we can see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know it's been a long time since you had this problem but I wanted to ask if you've found a solution back then? I'm having the same problem right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same breakdown issue. I've got a first sequence that reads the files (untouched from the camera) perfectly, but all by 2h edit if out of wack. Every. Single. Cut. is out of wack. Video cuts don't begin/end at the timecode they are supposed to and the audio is off too.

Everything was A1 4 days ago, now I've got a Monday morning deadline, 30h of work to do AND 30h of work to REDO?!

Someone as to come up with a better solution, pretty please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue! Has anyone found an answer?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is 2024. I am still having this problem. Another editor I know constantly has this proble.

Adobe, it's been 3 years. What are you doing with my $50/month? Fix the damn bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines