• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio sync issue between DaVinci Resolve and Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using XML to go between DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere for color grading a series of videos. I had success (after much trouble shooting) grading one video, bringing just the footage back into Premiere and syncing it with the master audio track. On a second video, once imported back into Premiere, the audio is pretty out of sync. It's weird, some shots are correct and others are way off.

The video I'm working with is in 1920x1080, 59:94 and I made sure to match these settings between both Premiere and Resolve before grading. This is the workflow that worked previously:

1) Render and replace Adobe Premiere sequence to MXF files (this was a fix for Resolve initially not recognizing any of my Sony a7s footage)

2) Export sequence to Final Cut XML

3) Import XML into Resolve

4) Color correct & grade

5) Export Adobe Premiere XML from Resolve

6) Import back into Premiere and sync audio.

I've done a few tests to try and figure out what's going wrong and when. The footage as it is now in my Resolve timeline does not sync up with the audio track if I import it directly into Resolve. So my guess is something is going wrong in my export from Premiere to DaVinci.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Solved for now through a bit of trial and error.

I'm not sure if one or both of these options solved it, but I selected "Individual Clips" (rather than the default "Sequence") and unchecked the handles option in the Render & Replace window prior to exporting XML to Resolve. Imported a new sequence with these files, ColorTraced from my first color grade and re-imported to Premiere. Audio is synced back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMeacham,

Sorry for the issues. Are you working with AVCHD, XAVC, or .MP4 footage? What is the audio format? If you transcode the footage at the head end of your workflow, do you still see this issue?

More system info please, as well. System, OS, GPU, HD, Sound Card, RAM, etc.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original footage is AVCHD, but converted to DNxHD 440X MXF files prior to importing to Resolve. The audio is a wav file, Linear PCM. I haven't tried transcoding at the start and we're pretty far along in the post-production process.

System info:

Macbook Pro

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Processor: 2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMeacham, Can you try a test to see if this is actually your issue or not? Thanks, Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved for now through a bit of trial and error.

I'm not sure if one or both of these options solved it, but I selected "Individual Clips" (rather than the default "Sequence") and unchecked the handles option in the Render & Replace window prior to exporting XML to Resolve. Imported a new sequence with these files, ColorTraced from my first color grade and re-imported to Premiere. Audio is synced back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines