• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio track doesn't follow video when moved

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten used to older versions and each time I'm adjusted it seems that something has changed and it's really aggrevating.

Once upon a time when you moved a video track up the audio would move down in the same manner. Then it didn't move up but it was still connected so when you moved it sideways it would atleast be attached and synced. Now it's not attached at all, even when the options say that it is. I went through and edited a few sequences with the video thinking that the audio was still attached, but it was all messed up. Now not only do I have to start over but I need a way to keep them together so I'm not constantly dragging & clicking the audio with the video to move them around. It's really irritating and has slowed down my workflow; especially since they don't move onto another track automatically. You guys are quickly becoming less useful than mac by trying to appease everyone.

What, if any, way is there to connect the sound & audio so that they're right where I need them both to be when they're moved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

linked selection.png

Make sure its on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tinaq34997736,

Sorry for the issue. It might be an issue with source patching or Linked selection.

Please check this article: FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vidya, what the OP is posting about is that say you have a clip with video and audio on V1 and A1.

Drag the video to V2 a bit down the line.

Expected behavior ... audio now is on A2 still synced with video.

What happens ... audio is still on A1, and synced with V1 still ... and may have over-written the audio file already on A1.

Which is not what used to happen, and is annoying.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here I know about the Linked selection toggle, but no matter what I do im faced with posistioning the audio down a few tracks and then moving video into the timeline or else the audio from my new track will overwrite the audio on A1.. so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your tracks are properly source patched and track targeted, you would not have this issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/using/source-patching-track-targetting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TinaQ,

Please give this feedback here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1037 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

linked selection.png

Make sure its on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann,

You're great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines