Exit

automatically DESELECT clip after pasting

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have a quite stupid question here.

I'm using a "selection of rushes" timeline, open in the same time that my editing timeline. And to edit clips I copy clips from one timeline to the other. In a shortcut point of view it looks like this: I'm in the selection timeline, I (in point, O 'out point), cmd C (copy the portion), shift3 (to swich timeline) cmd V (paste the portion), shift3 (to come back to the selection timeline), I, O, cmd C, etc ... 

And my "problem" is the following: the clip I pasted is still selected in the editing timeline when I make a new in and out selection in the selection timeline. It means that when I "cmdC" again, it doesn't copy the new portion but it copies the previous clip that was still selected.

You got my point? So my stupid question is this: is there a preference where I can choose to deselect a clip automatically after it was paste? 🙂

I know, I could just click anywhere in the timeline to deselect, I just didn't want to get my hands out of the keyboard, I'm a bit lazy 🙂

Thanx

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote that post but I fould a alternative solution: I put my selection timeline in the source viewer and in the settings I click on "open sequence in timeline", so I can use my timeline the "Avid way" and use it as a source (so I can insert and overwrite it like any source footage).

But ... my previous post is still open though 🙂  Is there a preference where I can choose to deselect a clip automatically after it was paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question! I ve been looking for this too but I can t seem to find a way.

When you insert clips in the timeline from the source, the clip is deselected. But there is no way to get your copied clip in there.

In avid you could get your clip from the timeline in a clipboard by (ripple) deleting it, then selecting the clipboard, then inserting it again. Works like a charm. But in premiere I can t seem to find a clipboard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines