• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best video editing software

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to choose and buy a movie editing program. I visited many sites, but either the comparisons were not up to date or they did not check all the software. Regardless of the budget, what do you think is the best of the following excellent and most powerful programs?Which one is the best?

Premiere Pro

Corel VideoStudio Ultimate

Pinnacle Studio Movie Studio Suite

MAGIX Video  pro

DaVinci Resolve Studio

VSDC Video Editor

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of those, there are really two groups, "prosumer" and full on pro.

Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve are designed for full pro use. Very little automation, extensive capabilities. Complex and complicated, with massively steep learning curves.

The others are designed for a less demanding user, who wants to get some nice video shows put together but doesn't want to spend months learning how to use the program first. They can do many things, if not as many as the 'pro' apps. But they do have a lot more automated processes for some things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to test out the trial version of each NLE and decide for yourself. I use Premiere Pro because of the GUI and integration with 3rd party hardware. I am not sure if MAGIX Video Pro supports 3rd party hardware. Do you need to use a lot of 3rd party hardware? Can iMovie edit a YouTube video? Yes it can. Does iMovie work better than Premeire Pro with multiple users in a collaborative editing situation? I highly doubt it. In the end Premeire Pro, Resolve, iMove, Avid etc. can all edit video but they all have their pros and cons. As I stated you have to test out the different NLEs for yourself and use the NLE that has all the features you want and a GUI that you like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've tried about 20 different trials. my minimum were 16 bit color/32 bit pipeline  and hue v lum curves.

Most nle's only have isolate color. If you don't use pro features, you don't need pro features.

Only you know what you need; we can't answer that for you.

btw, where's Premiere Elements, Cyberlink Powerdirector, Vegas, Kdenlive, Filmora, Openshot, Lightworks, Hitfilm, Avid, Baselight, FCP, Assimilate Scratch, Mistika, Nucoda, Olive, Natron, Rio etc?

"Regardless of the budget"

ok

Baselight then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, Premiere Pro and resolve is for really really Profesional Video/Film Maker.
I work in design, vector, animation, sound editing and more. All of this use adobe software. By using premiere pro, i can edit, insert all of this file to premiere pro. REally magic.
///
If you just need a software for cutting video, simple edit, more automation, even child can edit, you can use the other software out therem

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines