• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big problems with Undo / History Queue in 22.2.0

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello is anyone else experiencing problems with the Undo / History steps not populating as you go through editing steps?

Since upgrading to Version 22 of Premiere Pro I have been experiencing many cases where the different steps I am taking while editing are not being recorded in History so then either there is no Undo available or when I hit Undo it "Undoes" a action that I took many many steps ago but not the last action and then the results are just crazy.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not, but that doesn't help you.

A technique that I use is project versioning. When you get to a point in your edit where you're happy with what you just did, go to File>Save As and save the project with a number after the name. So instead of just saving "My Project", you'd save as "My Project 01". You may even want to include a tiny bit of text to remind yourself why you saved that version, such as "My Project 01 - ready for keying".

If things go "just crazy" after that, you can easily return to saved project state that will let you try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the setting in Edit > Preferences > Auto save? Is it set properly?

Also, open the History panel under Window > History. This will show the active number of Undo's present in memory. If you right-click the top of the panel, you may choose Settings and then determine the number of Undo's. If this is set to a very low number, you will not record that many history steps.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some actions on the timeline that can't be undone.  Position of the CTI is one example.

What is not appearing in the history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use versioning like Jeff Bellune.

I also right click on my sequence in the project panel and choose Duplicate on a regular basis.  This allows me to have old versions within the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines