Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black magic raw error issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

So I've been on with tech support the past few days for numerous issues that just seem to pop up with premier. Randomly. They fix one problem it causes another, they click buttons change settings remove things, don't out things back and all other sorts of issues pop up.

So here's what happens...when I try to scrub through my proxy timeline (low res proxies of 6k pocket black magic footage)...I get a never ending flood of error messages. So bad I can't even hit save or do much else.

At first I thought it was some clip on my timeline. Tried removing it and I was able to render two small sections of my timeline. Then all of a sudden I get the error messages again and premiere unrenders what was rendered. Yes. It un rendered what was rendered.

I just was on with tech who literally convinced me with such passion that we must get rid of my third party using and everything would work...fyi...it did not.

It rendered me obviously unable to deal with my black magic footage, unable to relink it. These guys continually make more of a mess then prior to me enlisting their help.

We have tried clearing the render cache. Yes the plugins are the most recent ones and im on the most recent version of premiere and my computers tech is all fast enough to handle.

Lemme know if you cam help, thanks

Alessio

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alessio,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Are you using Blackmagic RAW plugin from Blackmagic Design, or are you using BRAW Studio from Autokroma? Also, let us know the system specs (OS, CPU, GPU & RAM) & share a screenshot of the error message that you are getting. We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be of interest, Autokroma have now made there Braw plugin free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using the black magic raw plug in from the website black magic.
And im using the neat video plugin.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumeet,

the agents even scheduled my call with tech support wrong after I specifically told them my schedule and that this was an emergency. If you work with adobe could you explain to me why adobe hires people who have no idea what theyre doing and legit do not care about doing it well? I had to threaten to leave adobe and post chats in the community page for senior tech to call me today which they did...but when they did they told me to contact black magic and promised to set upa call for monday....

I spoke with Black magic who picked up right away. No fuss. and tested things out on the computer and deduced it was an adobe issue because the footage plays in the Black magic Raw player but was having error and even import issues in adobe.

There doesnt even seem a way to complain officially to adobe about this stuff. Nothing. Going through this process of having to constantly debug this software when thats a developer's job drains me of time and money. I spent now a day and half dealing with this.

Then Im constantly being told I can't use legitimate plugins by Adobe agents on the chat- [lug ins like black magic and neat video which is ludicrous...I mean they literally fight me on this on the chat... 

I really need adobe to take this seriously. its insulting to customers and worse it costs time and money.

Attached is a picture of one of the messages but they change. below are my specs

*Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Processor (12x 3.8GHZ/64MB L3 Cache)

*Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X -- ARGB Header (2), Gb Lan, USB 3.2 (4 Rear, 2 Front)
                    Blackmagic DeckLink 8K Pro with Quad Link 12G-SDI

*Memory: 64 GB [16 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - Certified Major Brand Gaming Memory

*Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB GDDR6 - ASUS TURBO (VR-Ready) - Single Card

*Power Supply: 1000 Watt - CORSAIR RM1000X Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular

*Processor Cooling: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i PRO 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooling System - [Ryzen]

*Primary Hard Drive: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 520MB/s - Single Drive

*Data Hard Drive: 4 TB Seagate Barracuda PRO Hard Drive -- 128MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

*Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

*Speaker System: Creative A250 2.1 Speakers System - Largest-in-class, down-firing subwoofer; Dual Slot Enclosure design

*Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

*Operating System: Windows 10

Case Fans: 3x [Black] be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm All Black Silent Fan

*Keyboard: Adobe Premiere Pro Astra Logic Keyboard

*Panels: Tangent Wave 1 Color  Grade Panel

*Montior: Flanders Scientific DM241 Monitor
                       Dell Ultra Sharp PremierColor UP3017

*External Calibrator: X-Rite i1 Display Pro

*Software: Adobe Creative Suite

Davinci Resolve Studio

Thank you. And let me know if there is away this can be elevated to a higher up who is in charge of these online tech support agents

render error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried rolling back the BRaw plug in... that helped for less than 24 hours.

then as soon I copied and pasted randomly something from one area of my timeline to another....

same flood of error messages....

and 2 hours worth of rendering undone and my playhead brought to a random area of my timeline...

and a random thing pasted where my playhead went.

this is so much fun. Having a great time.

Attached is more pictures of the blast Im having. The adobe party.

ERROR 1.pngERROR 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id like to add...this is TOTALLY an Adobe issue. NOT a black magic issue. Because black magic was working fine before Adobes update... its adobe update that is not working with 2 different black magic versions. I need a phone call scheduled ASAP because as of now I cant finish my work using adobe and may have to drop adobe as my software in the middle of my edit for Black Magic. That means transferring hours and hours of cuts over to black magic...including hours of custom reframes......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update-- I have now not only tried rolling back Braw plug in version...but also premiere... I used an earlier version of premiere ( the one before this newest version)...again things were going smoothly, I rendered etc no issue.

Then randomly I tried to render more and I got the same error messages...attached.error 4.pngerror 5.png Ive never seen anything like this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To date, the Premiere product does not meet the realities of a professional product. It is sad. And most importantly, with each new update, there is destruction and its final destruction in the eyes of users. As long as the developers do not unite together and do not sit down at the negotiating table, the problems will only worsen. Whatever Adobe employees tell you here, it's all from the weaknesses of the product. I want to assure you that even though they say that there are no perfect NLE programs, this is nonsense. Blackmagic does not have those problems that would force you to stop your workflow. Who says that there is, he is blatantly lying. There are these problems of course. But they are not of this scale and will allow you to do what you started. So wait for another update from Adobe, and then test and make a bold decision to change the NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the BM BRAW plugin, you'd get a lot better actual support to get it functioning (for what little it can do) by contacting the Autokroma website than dealing with BM.

BlackMagic has never been very supportive of anything to do with Adobe. Quite seriously. I stood at the BM booth at NAB in Vegas back around 2015, while Adobe's SpeedGrade was still available. Asked the guy at the counter talking about Resolve what the differences were between Resolve and SpeedGrade for colorist work.

He insisted he'd never heard of SpeedGrade. Right. You could see banners for it just turning his head a few degrees ... and of course at the time it was used more for dailies work, though not that much in full b-cast or especially long-form. Still ... he darn well knew what it was. Just wouldn't talk like it even existed. I had fun poking his vanity over this supposed ignorance.

BM makes their profit on hardware. The software exists to get you to buy their hardware. Which is why Resolve is mostly a loss-leader for them. And also why their freebie BRAW plugin for Premiere is total crap. Always has been, they've never fixed it to be reliable with Premiere in any version.

The Autokroma plugin that Baffy mentioned is what I've used for a long time. It's a far better built plugin than the BM junk, gives presets and other options. Totally stable, never fails. And they even offer better support for the BM plugin than BM.

So yes, get thee to the Autokroma BRAW Studio plugin. And get back to work, reliably.

I totally disagree with Baffy on how poor Premiere is compared to Resolve. They've both been built at this time to be Swiss Army knife tools ... trying to do every type of workflow on everyt bit of hardware. And both have the issues that come with that. As someone who deals with Resolve daily, and is on both the MixingLight slack & forums, and the BlackMagic forums ... the colorists all have their long lists of things that haven't been fixed back several versions. With the workarounds that keep them going.

BM locks down all control surfaces so that the user  can't touch the mapping. It's a bit of a pain for the people using BM surfaces, as often things are mapped to a control they'd far rather have do something else. But at least, all controls are mapped.

If you've got say a Tangent Elements panel, the thing is half "black" all the time. Half or more controls aren't mapped to a thing at any one function. And it's got a weird way of hitting a button here to get "these" controls available, over there to jump to "those" controls ... what the hay?

Well of course, they want you to buy the BM Advanced panel for $30G. Or the Mini for $2G. Which of course only work with Resolve, would be useless for Premiere.

I've got good friends that LOVE the Resolve UI. I ... don't. And as you can't modify it,  it is what it is. I vastly prefer the Premiere UI. I've got like 7 custom workspaces, my Elements panel does everything from color to audio mastering to graphics rotation/sizing/position ... so for general working, it's fine.

Not at all perfect. Ain't none of these apps perfect. They're tools. Fancy hammers. Use what works for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines