• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen after time remapping - please, help!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 40 files from car DVR. And I need make a long movie to show my trip in short time and make an accent of viewers to some moments. So I need to raise speed to 1000%, but in some moments reduce it to 50%. First, I put all videos to my timeline, and after it I make "clip from sequence" - it's, I think, best way to edit long video. After this, I set my time remapping keys, and lift line to 1000%. And from this moment my video playing only till certain point. After this point - black screen. If I reduce speed to, for example, 200% - everything is OK. What I'm doing wrong?

By the way, if it's important, I have strong machine - 3950X, 64RAM, all SSD, 2080Ti.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work around to try for now would be to do a render and replace. Then apply the speed ramping to the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the source clips have a variable frame rate which Premiere has problems with...

Use media info to check to see if your source clips have a variable frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If they do, use handbrake to convert to a constant frame rate.  

https://handbrake.fr

Post back if you have any questions about workflow using these 2 programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I arleady checked this. There is same bitrate, same resolution, same file format etc. And... CBR. All files has been recorded in 4 hours on one device, one SD-card, no one setting has been changed while recording. Now I resolved this promlem trough render all files from timeline to one .mp4 file, after this I use this file like  like source and have no promblems. Of course, it was longer, but effective :))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the quick fix from premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak6YapU3pMk

🎁 FREE browser extension to grow your YouTube channel: https://www.tubebuddy.com/davidlindgren1989 Let's say you have a video in your timeline and you can see a preview image of it in the "Program" monitor, but when you hit play, it just shows a black screen. The only thing you need to do to fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, but I arleady checked this. There is same bitrate, same resolution, same file format etc. And... CBR. A

By @timofax

You want Constant Frame Rate, not Constant Bit Rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines