• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic Cards stop playing back in PP and then crash Help

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time listener first time caller. This issue has been pervasive for a while in PP versions 21' 22' and 23'. When playing out with a Blackmagic card the audio meters will get stuck, video will continue. I can unstick them by toggling between source and timeline effectivly reclockin the BM Card. From here, it will happen more and more until finally the picture will freeze in all the monitors, and Premiere won't crash, but as soon as you try to quit, or open preferences it will. This is consistent behaviour and it's driving me nuts. I have the audio output settings and Mercurcy Playback settings ajusted accordingly. 

I have no issues with my BM gear in FCPx, Davinci Resolve, or Silverstack Lab. 

Pls help!

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan  .. .which staffer might most help with this? It's a pickle thing for certain.

And you might also ask on the BlackMagic forums ... and LGG forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love you know more about the pickle. BM and the fourms are radio silent. I'm halfway convinced to switch to AJA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BM's support is mostly better than Adobe's ... except when it's also non-existent. And their gear is amazing for the price ... which as some users note, is what we're paying for. My first Atem Mini Pro died a month outta warranty. Which is not all that uncommon.

But I bought another because it does what I need at a price that's ... well, realistically, cheap. Yea, I could buy a much better/tougher unit, but that would be a couple grand or better. Same with AJA cards ... often more reliable, normally more costly.

Some of their users on the BM forums are quite helpful though ... I'm on there also every day. And the LGG forum is a good place to ask as most colorists there have BM cards. Love my BMPCC4K and the Mini.

Not gonna be buying any editing/cut keyboard or BM color panel, my Tangent Elements works for TONS of stuff in Premiere, from color through Track Mixer (those twelve knobs are awesome!) and sizing/placing/rotating any screen element. You can map Hades out of Tangent kit in Adobe apps.

And does work some in Resolve, though they really limit what the panel can do there ... as they need you to buy their kit to stay in business. Resolve is a loss-leader to sell hardware.

And for some things Resolve is an amazing app. But as they've been trying to make it, like the Adobe video apps, one-stop do everything for everyone on every device ever made, they've been getting more problems. Gee, why would that be?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Buddy, I have not heard of the issue. You can file a bug in the forums now: How do I write a bug report?

So, give full system details so the team can log it.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

We have 3 x Mac Studio M1 Max.

2 of them have Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K Mini and one has an UltrasStudio 3G attached.

The machines with the 4k Mini show the issue and the one with the Ultrastudio 3G does not.

When I change the Blackmagic devices between the machines the one with the UltraStudio 3G will always not have that problem and the devies with the 4K Mini always do.

We also have some Intel Macs. They do not have that problem with the 4K Mini attached so I think it is a problem with the M1 processor and the 4K Mini.

André

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is most useful testing and information!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also on M1, my Intel iMac Pro has been living in a Peli Case, but I'll fire it up and report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines