• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue lines showing up in preview????

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm fairly new at this stuff... I just was in the middle of editing and tried to resize a panel and everytime I moved it, it added these blue lines and they wont go away.. I even tried creating a new project and dropping it in there but they are still there... It is driving me nuts!!! can somebody please help me!!!!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

First some general forum info ... this silly forum software is a pain for some things ... but please, use the picture icon in the Reply box formatting bar ... after clicking it, drag/drop your image onto that dialog, and then it shows in your post rather than requiring people to download files to see it.

Second ... those are guidelines, note the ruler bars at top and left side? With those in place, clicking on one and dragging across the screen gives you a guidline where you let go of it. This

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First some general forum info ... this silly forum software is a pain for some things ... but please, use the picture icon in the Reply box formatting bar ... after clicking it, drag/drop your image onto that dialog, and then it shows in your post rather than requiring people to download files to see it.

Second ... those are guidelines, note the ruler bars at top and left side? With those in place, clicking on one and dragging across the screen gives you a guidline where you let go of it. This is very useful for aligning graphic objects.

To turn them on/off, click the wrench icon in the Program monitor panel, and go down the the Ruler/Guides options.

Neil

Clear Guides.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, my bad!

Where exactly do I find that wrench icon?? I only see one down in the timeline and those options don't appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That realy helped me with the blue lines stuck too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm having is similar, but not solved by your instructions.  I see blue  lines Technical question.jpgin the Program Monitor when I'm in the process of overlaying layers whose position changes in keyframes.  Can't find what controls it, or, to be honest, know exactly what they're telling me  

Thanks for any info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the wrench icon in the lower right corner of the Program monitor and in the drop down menu choose Clear Guides:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 4.11.36 PM.png

The guides are created when you drag from the rulers that are in the monitor.

If you are not using the Rulers on purpose, select Show Rulers to toggle them off.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found it!!!! 

Life savers!!!! I appreciate it everybody!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, MtD!  Can you explain what the circle with square in it and curved lines near it are telling me?  I know it's related to how the image has been moved around, but I don't quite get what it's saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the path of the anchor point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines