• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG Easily Replicable - Audio Tracks 2 and 3 stop playing within 1min of Premiere Pro 15.2 opening

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Very long time user of Premiere Pro and this is driving me nuts.

From 15.0 onwards 3 track ProRes Proxy Audio stops playing back within 1min of Program Opening. The Audio Fix in 15.2 patch notes did not fix this. This needs addressing, the problem did not exist prior to 15.0. I can continue to use 14.9 for now, but what do I do when it's not in Other Versions anymore?

Video of issue: https://youtu.be/yGtk1mPnPkQ

Footage example for Adobe Support to replicate issue with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lsq4m59k77xpvk/2021-04-26%20%2013-53%20%28Mon%29%20%20Test.mov?dl=0

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce it when i am inside Premiere Pro. I then alt+tabbed over to the YouTube video and when i alt+tabbed back to Premiere Pro it happened. I noticed that the frame rate of the clip is 62.50 fps and since Pr have issues with odd/uneven frame rates so i exported a version of the source clip as 60 fps and it seemed to work.

I also noticed that the audio is compressed in the file you uploaded and that may be an issue as well or at least contributing to it.

Can you reproduce it with this file: 60 fps uncompressed audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't seem to be an issue with that 60fps clip in 15.2 from what have tested now, or definitely didn't break in 15.2 over 5min. It shouldn't though because it is same as sequence timestamp.  

However, it's not a practical workflow to reencode hours of OBS footage daily, so a reencode isn't a fix for me. From what I understand it must be fixable and a bug as it doesn't occur prior to 15.0, am still editing fine in 14.9 with PP open for days sometimes.

OBS records ProRes using FFMPEG, and FFMPEG implementation writes timestamps in ms instead of frames/nanoseconds, OBS struggles to mux it because it has to flicker between 16-17ms a frame. That's why even though 60fps is set in OBS the file is muxed to 62.5fps. Obviously millions of people use OBS to record and this is an issue a lot of people will have from 15.0 onwards.

Also audio compression changes would require a significant recompile of OBS Studio and a huge number of changes, so that isn't alterable for anything other than directly recorded MP4 footage (which is useless to record as because if something crashes you lose all the footage as the header isn't written). 

Premiere Pro has always Vsynced to the timestamp instead of reading the framerate tag from the container. Something has changed from 15.0 onwards which means when frames are skipped it progressively loses the audio playback - presumably as part of the updates to the audio track mixer in 15.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reuploaded Video of Issue with no Audio Track Effects applied incase this was having some effect (it wasn't): https://youtu.be/P-0VafexySg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines