Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug using a stylus pen remotely

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a very specific problem. Sometimes I like to edit in premiere away from my computer, while being connected to it using an android app called "super display" that basically acts as an wireless display for my PC and allows me to also use the touch/pen control. Everything works perfect, except the installed extensions. While I'm connected this way, I can neither type or drag items in extensions. In normal premiere panels like esssntial graphics everything works fine. But in something like frame.io , it's like I never licked inside the panel, if I press D for example, it would act as if I'm in timeline and selects the clip

My guess is that the pen conection causes this, because I have another app (splashtop) that I use to conect when I'm away from home and this app allows me to chose if I want its pen support enabled or not. And when pen support is enabled, the problem is still there, but if I disable pen support, the extensions work just fine.

I'm using latest windows 11 and latest premiere pro stable version

To reproduce this, my guess is that any touchscreen laptop with a pen will have the same problem. Just make sure the pen is enable (it shows up on bottom right) and you can test it in any extension like premiere composer or frame.io)

I'm not sure this will be adressed, because like I said it's very specific, but I'm hoping it maybe has an easy fix and it's worth the try

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Hello @optimistic_mischief00886,

I have not heard of this application or workflow. Is it listed as a supported device for Premiere Pro from the manufacturer? Can you ask the developer if it is supported? Let me know. Hope so!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @optimistic_mischief00886,

I have not heard of this application or workflow. Is it listed as a supported device for Premiere Pro from the manufacturer? Can you ask the developer if it is supported? Let me know. Hope so!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, sorry for the really late reply, completely forgot I made this post
It's not about the manufacturer, since I'm using an program that emulates my tablet pen into windows. it's just that premiere pro doesn't recognise any input on my extensions while the pen icon is showed on the bottom right side of the screen. Any extensions from where I could type or drag stuff from, acts like i'm on my sequence tab instead of their tab and don't respond (for example if I press d. it would select my clip instead of typing d in the search bar). This can be tested by using a laptop with a stylus pen or connecting an android tablet to the windows PC using any program that supports pen emulation (splashtop trial, super display, parsec with paid subscription, samsung's second screen app, the list can go on) and trying to type anything (even with a windows virtual keyboard) inside a non-premiere tab (exetensions, like frame.io). you'll see they don't work. I've tried on two desktops with all the apps I mentioned above. The moment I disable "stylus pen" from the app where I can do that, the extensions work again. I do want to use the pen tho, premiere works surprisingly well with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @optimistic_mischief00886,

Thanks for reporting back. I hope someone in the community can chime in or you can help from the manufacturer. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

manufacturer of what? premiere pro? since it's a premiere problem. 
like I said, if you try any windows laptop/desktop with stylus pen support, you'll see that you can't type in frame.io or other extensions with search bar/drag and drop functions. I get it that it's not really important since the main premiere tools work, it's just a extension problem, but please don't blame it on manufacturer of stylus pens. At most , we can blame it on windows for not allowing to disable the pen support function while a pen is connected, but nothing else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines