• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer decode AC3 audio from MTS Video cameras

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since removing AC3 support from CC 2018 I am no longer to read/decode audio from footage from my Canon XA10.

I understand not being able to encode in AC3 but don't understand why I can't decode video footage from MTS files.

I am on the latest version of Mac OS X (High Sierra) and latest CC 2018 but still can't get it to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

One of my new projects is using 360 VR video, feature only in CC 2018. You (Adobe) advertised this with great fanfare so it's not like I'm unnecessarily updating. I tried to raise this issue in a thread because I want to use 2018 (hey I am paying for it) and I thought telling you about it here might help.

Honestly everytime over last decade that I've tried to lookup help on these forums they're just full of people going off topic or unwarranted arrogance from the 'pros' who have absolutely nothin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relocate the files, re-link and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn't make any difference.

You can even make a brand new project file and import footage and it still refuses to recognise MTS audio.

Even relinking I don't believe that will work as I believe the problem is that AC3 support has been removed which appears to have affected ability for me to decode MTS files. Only CC 2017 still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see: high sierra,

Relocate or renam top folder footage is in.

Delete all media cache and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann. Don't think that will work I'm afraid as it's not a caching issue, Adobe removed AC3 support in CC 2018 which is the audio codec used by MTS files by Canon and many video camera manufacturers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Native support in 2018 works under High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann. Afraid no it doesn't for me, hence this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence the suggestion of relocating and media cache,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann. These are basics steps that I tried straight away multiple times and made no difference I'm afraid. Even if changing location helped we wouldn't be a realistic solution as we have 3-4 years of file paths in use that would mess up all our workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do users of Premiere Pro CC feel the need to update or upgrade immediately.  There are always bug reports.  If the version you have is working properly and the new updates or upgrade do not add anything that you need, then don't!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael.

This really isn't helpful response in the slightest in what is a troubleshooting thread, not sure why you've bothered posting this. I don't think we're benefitting from your input.

In addition, one of the projects I have is working with VR video, a feature ONLY supported fully in the latest CC 2018 so you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Hope you're enjoying Windows 95 with it's 0 day exploits though by your own logic.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have waited to make sure that the new upgrade did not have any bugs.  I have been using Premiere since 1991.  I always wait before upgrading.  By the way I like squirrels!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael you're clearly not bright a person who has no intention of being helpful. You're basically gloating over a situation that is not preventable (I have the old versions installed as a workaround) this thread is about getting the NEW LATEST version to work with our workflow. I pay for a product, I would hope it would work.

If you have nothing helpful to contribute you should be staying quiet rather than making unrelated points that aren't relevant, factually accurate or helpful in the slightest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported your posts as abuse as that's what they are. Off topic spam doesn't help anyone on a troubleshooting thread, even if it makes you feel superior with no justification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't believe Michael meant any harm by his statement. Just some advice that you can take or leave. Personally, I do not begin any major new projects until the version has seen at least one bug fix. I do hope we can help you solve your issue, though.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin.  People on this forum usually suggest not  upgrading or updating immediately.  You should of done some research before upgrading.  If you have been on this forum befofe, you should know that any updates or upgrades have bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my new projects is using 360 VR video, feature only in CC 2018. You (Adobe) advertised this with great fanfare so it's not like I'm unnecessarily updating. I tried to raise this issue in a thread because I want to use 2018 (hey I am paying for it) and I thought telling you about it here might help.

Honestly everytime over last decade that I've tried to lookup help on these forums they're just full of people going off topic or unwarranted arrogance from the 'pros' who have absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute other than bitter retorts, it's very frustrating to trawl through when you're looking for a solution not 'banter'. I'm trying to raise a genuine issue and being told "well durrr it's not updated yet", I know that but if I don't report this issue how do you know to fix it in the first place? Wish I hadn't of bothered. I've given up on this thread, no further response required and I've marked as assumed answered.

Here's an some actual meaningful information for anyone searching these threads with similar issue with AVCHD:

After over an hour of Adobe remote/looking into the issue they've tried everything (checking permissions, checking QT codecs, checking adobe preferences, trying diff MTS files) and concluded that indeed Premiere CC 2018 can't read audio from my Canon XA series / AVCHD / AC3. I am waiting for dev team to follow it up over next few days but finally progress in that they've acknowledged the issue and have escalated it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File plays fine on my machine with 2018and High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit complaining and insulting helpful people on this forum.   Find another editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAHA! Thanks for proving me right, how childish. I genuinely laughed out loud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you are on Level 1 with no points.  That explains a lot to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely spot on, can't imagine why I don't use these forums when you're so representative of the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that Adobe fixes this problem very soon.  Then we will not have to read your negative comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines