Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't make any opacity in adjustment layer

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

Why can't I do any opacity setting in the adjustment layer in premiere pro? All I can do is color correction, but not keyframing any opacity work. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

It's just the way Adjustment Layers work.  If you're removing opacity from the AL, then you're left showing what's underneath.  All you'd be adjusting is whatever else is applied to the AL.

If you want to reduce the opacity of the clip underneath, you'll need to apply that to the clip directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty confusing to me. What are you trying to do ? Change the opacity over time of the color correction made in the adjustement layer ?

It works for me. Something could be wrong in your process. Verify that the lumetri fx is really on the adjustement layer. And had your keyframe in the opacity section of the Adjustment layer. I can't really see why it's not working for you. Tell us more and verify everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just the way Adjustment Layers work.  If you're removing opacity from the AL, then you're left showing what's underneath.  All you'd be adjusting is whatever else is applied to the AL.

If you want to reduce the opacity of the clip underneath, you'll need to apply that to the clip directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys! What I want to do is make a fade to black transition. but sinse the clip is an ultra key (greenscreen) consisting of two layers, it will be wrong. I then tried to use an AL. But that doesn’t Work as I said. Nothing happens when I try use the opacity with keyframes.

[text formatted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, what you have to do is to make those two layers became one.Just select them, right clic ---- Nest. Now you can add a transition or use opacity keyframes. If you want to open this nested sequence, just double clic on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thx again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. Changing Opacity only changes the Adjustment layer itself and not the clips underneath. Use the "Transform" effect to start affecting your clips 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines