• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't place transitions between two clips

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super frustrated because when I try to place a transition or any effect for that matter, between two clips it only allows me to only place it at the beginning of the next clip, not in between the clips. And it doesn't allow me to move the transition either. But the weird thing is that some clips allow me to put them in between them with the exact same transitions, but most don't, it's super frustrating. 

Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 12.21.24 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-12 at 12.21.18 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice the little triangles in the upper corner of some clips on the timeline?

Those mean you are at the first or last frame, the end, of the clip.

For transitions to work they have to have more clip past the cut points. Some frames BEFORE the cut point will be used for the incoming clip, and some frames AFTER the end cut point will be used transitioning to the next clip.

Those extra frames are called "handles".

Where you don't have handles, cross-transitions don't work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A slightly related question, why should you need handles on the dip to black effect, no extra frames should be needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines