• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't playback Apple Prores files in Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm in Premiere pro, After Effects, or Media Encoder when I export a file to Apple Prores  it will not playback on a Windows 10 computer in VLC or Windows Media Player. The only player I could get it to play from was the old QuickTime player. Where can I can a codec that will allow me to playback the prores .mov files? Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

I can playback that file in VLC 3.0.4 but got problems when i updated to 3.0.6. I could however change the settings to OpenGL in VLCĀ“s settings and then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you care to upload a short sample clip to a file sharing site, I can download and test it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsmq6fiay29hw3o/exported%20in%20premiere%20pro%20prores%20422HQ.mov?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can playback that file in VLC 3.0.4 but got problems when i updated to 3.0.6. I could however change the settings to OpenGL in VLCĀ“s settings and then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OmG! Thank you!! You are a genius. I spent 4 hours with adobe tech support and they could not figure it out.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that: for me only Potplayer will play a Premiere windows generated prores file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank it worked in potplayer for me to. Averdahl told me to change to openGL in vlc and it worked there as well once I change it to opengl

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a player that plays 8k fluently. Thank you for the tip of the Potplayer!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Potplayer, wow, thank you!!! Bye bye VLC, been a nice ten years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines