• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see Final Cut captions

Engaged ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the captions in the FinalCut.xml file that I drag over to the timeline.  I found a post (below) that says to enable captions by clicking the tool icon.  In the screenshot for the answer, "Closed Captions" shows up below the "loop" option.  In my Creative Cloud version of Premiere Pro, the words "Closed Captions" are not on the list of options.

Assuming I have to enable captions in order to see them, how do I enable them?

Thanks.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/captions-i-don-t-see-my-subtitles-appear-in-...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When looking for answers, pay attention to the date or version used: its not applicable anymore. That is if you are using 22.4 but alas not mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that. That's why I was asking the question, because that answer is apparently out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I thought I had seen this info, but I hadn't, and it definitely
helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition, when I export FCP xml in 2022.4.0, the captions in the sequence are no where to be found. I do not believe they are being exported. There are only places for video and audio media, and the new captions are neither one.

Probably a feature request although I'd consider it a bug.

I can't find a pre 2021 FCP/xml export where the old style captions were exported to ensure they are importing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines