• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can time be remapped in an adjustment layer?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just getting my head wrapped around time remapping. Is it possible to time remap an adjustment layer? I have 3 layers below that I want the same speed ramps on.

Thanks

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you have to do it on the clip. What's confusing about it? Just zoom in close, set your points, stretch as needed, move the bar to the percentage you want it to be and match the other clips to that.

Or... you can put them all in a nested sequence and apply time effects on that

Or.... you can render them all out at original quality, bring them back in and modify that clip as one clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Graeme.

I've nested my 3 tracks. I am able to apply time mapping. I'm editing one for reference, and when all speed has been fixed, I'll paste those edits onto the other two tracks.

Here's my next concern: I do not have all my assets yet. I have all the reference footage needed for editing, but there is alot more media coming, not yet ready, (hence the other 2 tracks) that will sync perfectly with my reference. I had the foresight to lay "dummy" files in place of the presently incomplete assets. My plan was to do a "footage replace" after the fact. Complete the assets and swap them in.

Big question is, after all my time warping is done, and I've copied the warping to the other 2 nests... what happens when I open up the nests? Will all the warping info be transferred to the content that had been nested?

That would be ideal. Then I could swap in the completed media.

Does this sound like a plan? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines