• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot cut audio between frames

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot cut audio between frames, even though 'show audio time units' is anabled and the audio is unlinked from the video clip. Never had this problem before. A restart of the computer did not help.

I am running version 22.6.4(Build 2).

Anyone has an idea please?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Solution found by Averdahl:

For other you may counter the same problem:

In my project the keyboard shortcut did not cut at the right place, but using the razor tool did cut right between the frames.

Thanks to Averdahl for his workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot cut audio between frames, even though 'show audio time units' is anabled and the audio is unlinked from the video clip. Never had this problem before. A restart of the computer did not help.

I am running version 22.6.4(Build 2).

Anyone has an idea please?

By @patrick26834731wt4e

In those cases deleting the Preferences is often the way to solve odd issues: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, does this delete any of my keayboardshorts? Do I have to sav anything before trying your suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, does this delete any of my keayboardshorts? Do I have to sav anything before trying your suggestion?

By @patrick26834731wt4e

No, the keyboard shotcuts are not deleted but when done you will have to go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and select your Keyboard Layout Preset to get them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried it, but even after resetting the preferences in Premiere Pro the cut still appears at the next left or right frame but not where I place the playhead.

Same it the latest version of Premiere Pro.

Any more things I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an audio only clip that has never been linked to video, does it work then?

Also do you have any track keyframes showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio clip is a music track which was never linked to any audio and there are no keyframes on the audio clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio clip is a music track which was never linked to any audio and there are no keyframes on the audio clip.

By @patrick26834731wt4e

Then it sounds like you have not activated Show Audio Time Units. That´s the very key to cut audio between frames. 🙂

Averdahl_0-1676554544824.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but as I wrote above:

Cannot cut audio between frames, even though 'show audio time units' is anabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but as I wrote above:

Cannot cut audio between frames, even though 'show audio time units' is anabled

By @patrick26834731wt4e

Got it! What happens if you create a brand new project and import the audio clip and then set the timeline to Show Audio Time Units and then zooooom in and try to cut the audio?

This method can rule out a corrupt project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Averdahl, in a brand new project I am indeed able to cut wherever I want with the same audio clip.

Any tricks up your sleeve how I can manage to do the same in my current project, where it's not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Averdahl, in a brand new project I am indeed able to cut wherever I want with the same audio clip.

Any tricks up your sleeve how I can manage to do the same in my current project, where it's not working?

By @patrick26834731wt4e

Great!

Yes, there is a way to fix it:

Go to File > Import and import the project file for your old project into the new project. This will import the entire project. Mind you that it can seem that Premiere Pro stops working during the import, but do nothing and wait until it´s done. It may take about one minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the old project into a brand new project and the problem persists. When I import the same audio file or even a different one I still cannot cut at audio unit time level, nothing is linked, no keyframes and audio time unit is selected ... Same in PP 22 and 23, very strange ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the old project into a brand new project and the problem persists.

By @patrick26834731wt4e

Interesting! I would like to take a look at it, can you send a PM with the project file to me? No media is necessary, just the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, how can I attach the file please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, how can I attach the file please?

By @patrick26834731wt4e

Upload it to let´s say Adobe Creative Cloud (or any other cloud service) and share the link in a PM sent via this forum.

Averdahl_0-1676570591126.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution found by Averdahl:

For other you may counter the same problem:

In my project the keyboard shortcut did not cut at the right place, but using the razor tool did cut right between the frames.

Thanks to Averdahl for his workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines