• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions - Click to change?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to click on a caption in the Program Monitor panel to change text. Also I could drag in the Program Monitor to change position. This seems to have changed in the past few days/week?

Now I can only change the text of captions in the Captions panel and the position in the Essential Graphics panel.

Any similar experience / insight from anyone?

R.

(edited for clarity)

(edited again "viewer" > "Program Monitor"

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the viewer window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the viewer window?

I mean the timeline viewer. Adobe calls it the "Program Monitor" panel. I've edited the OP for clarity on this.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better stick to what Adobe official calls it: Program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remote Index,

I don't think anything has changed recently.

Double-Left-Click on the caption text in the Program Monitor to edit. (Double click to select all and enter edit mode; single click to edit position.)

See this post for a keyboard shortcut workflow:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/editing-subtitles/m-p/13464567#M447651

It relies on an unassigned keyboard shortcut for "Edit Selected Caption Text" - I use Ctrl+Alt+X.

With the cursor in the plain arrow/selection mode, I can single-click a caption text and drag it. It changes the horizontal/vertical position parameters in the EGP.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones, Thanks for taking the time to respond.

"Double-Left-Click on the caption text in the Program Monitor to edit."

When I click or double click on the caption text in the Program Monitor nothing happens. No text editing possible. This is on 2 machines (one intel, one M1 Mac). Previous to a couple of days ago it was as you described.

"With the cursor in the plain arrow/selection mode, I can single-click a caption text and drag it. It changes the horizontal/vertical position parameters in the EGP."

When I click or double click on the caption text in the Program Monitor nothing happens. No caption outline appears (neither the red 'enter text' outline, nor the blue 'move window' outline). No dragging is possible.

"... an unassigned keyboard shortcut for "Edit Selected Caption Text""

This at least allows me that access I used to have by clicking.

I used to be able to click on a caption in the Program Monitor panel to change text. Also I could drag in the Program Monitor to change position.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems workspace related. I switched and / or set up a new workspace and the functionality seems to have returned to normal (including in the old workspace).

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Workspace was a great idea. You could probably also have "reset to saved layout."

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines