• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture from DV Cam using MacBook Pro M2

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it now impossible to capture DV video from DV Cam tape with Premier? Using MacBook Pro M2. All the hardware checks out. Quicktime Player has no problem capturing the video from camera playback. But I can't find Capture button in the Window drop down menu as described in Adobe how-to video from 2022. Did Adobe recently remove this function?

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to capture from tape with Premiere, you need a FireWire connection.

Capture window is under F5.

On a side note, Tape capture has been removed as of beta 23.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Ann Bens. I am using Premier Pro 23.1.0 build 3. I am using all the necessary adapters to successfully connect the camera to the laptop. Capture is possible with QuickTime Player. But no camera controls. F5 enables Dictation. It seems Adobe has already removed tape capture from this Adobe Cloud version. I have 50 tapes to capture and was hoping for one application for capture and edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a scramble at this point.  If you can get genuine DV files captured to your system -- especially on a mac -- just do it.  Premiere doesn't care how the files were captured, the data is the same.

DO check to make sure quicktime isn't secretly converting to ProRes under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Prores would not be so bad, H.264 would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines